Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now my question is does it matter what glock the spring is for or are they all the same? Sorry for the dumb question but I just dont know.

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
they are all the same. glock has only one stock 5.5# spring. wolff makes the 4.5# and 6# if i'm correct. got mine at glockparts.com for 3.95+3 shipping.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i should have included links or part numbers in my post----sorry. here they are:

factory glock spring: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=354015

wolff reduced power spring: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=245193

glock part #: GLSP00063

wolff part #: 16161

........i'm also considering grabbing a set of the glock "maritime spring cups". it's basically a shorter version of the cup that holds the striker spring on the striker, and supposedly reduces drag and friction. i'll report back with my findings unless someone beats me to it (might take me a while) :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
A little clarification please. As I understand it, the wolf 4.5# has the possiblity of light primer strikes. Has this been experienced with the Glock 5.5 or the wolf 6# springs?

Thanks,
Chris Cahill

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
on my P99, i had 2 light primer strikes with the wolf reduced power spring. it was on the first clip of ammo, using CCI blazer brass. i have since put 3-400 more rounds with no light strikes on the same ammo. i never got a light strike with the factory glock silver (5 or 5.5?) spring installed. i haven't tried any of the other factory glock springs (saw a red and a blue---don't know how many pounds though)

·
Registered
186 Posts
on my P99, i had 2 light primer strikes with the wolf reduced power spring. it was on the first clip of ammo, using CCI blazer brass. i have since put 3-400 more rounds with no light strikes on the same ammo. i never got a light strike with the factory glock silver (5 or 5.5?) spring installed. i haven't tried any of the other factory glock springs (saw a red and a blue---don't know how many pounds though)
I have not experienced any light strikes with the 5.5lb spring, put about 300 rounds through it so far.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just received my 2009 P99 .40 and have put about 300 rounds threw it. The other day I shot a S&W MP .40 cal and I was pretty jealous of the trigger pull. Seemed like night and day I had better groupings with the MP .40 then my P99 that I’ve been bragging about for some time. Should I let my gun break in a bit more to see if the trigger lightens up a bit or just go for the 5.5 spring? Also I plan on carrying this gun anyone with 5.5lb spring installed feel comfortable enough to carry this gun concealed in an IWB holster?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just received my 2009 P99 .40 and have put about 300 rounds threw it. The other day I shot a S&W MP .40 cal and I was pretty jealous of the trigger pull. Seemed like night and day I had better groupings with the MP .40 then my P99 that I’ve been bragging about for some time. Should I let my gun break in a bit more to see if the trigger lightens up a bit or just go for the 5.5 spring? Also I plan on carrying this gun anyone with 5.5lb spring installed feel comfortable enough to carry this gun concealed in an IWB holster?
As has been said in this thread and others, the spring is fine for range use, but you would have to come to your own decision about using this set up for carry purposes. Personally, I wouldn't like that set up in a precocked striker like the QA, but for the long pull of a AS I think I would be ok with it.

These springs only run about 3 or 4 dollars. Get one, install, and try it at the range. See how you like it. Maybe try some dry fire exercises with your carry holster. If you feel ok with it, you're good to go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
got the glock 5.5# striker spring today. did the swap which took less than 5 minutes and the pictures made it so easy. testfired with a snap cap afterward and all is well.

the difference is very noticeable from the first pull. the action is smoother, trigger pull is lighter and i can pull the trigger slowly and comfortably anticipate the striker being released.

to all QA owners that complain about the heavy trigger, this simple modification can correct most, if not all, criticism towards it. i will test this at the range soon and check for any light strikes.
202 rounds today, no hiccups, no light strikes. all fired without a problem. the lighter trigger feels really good but cant say for certain if my shooting got any better. i'm gonna have to blame this on the shooter and not the gun. shooting from 30ft, all my shots landed off-target to the right. either my sights are a tad off or i'm flinching right as i pull the trigger. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just performed the Glock spring install and had a question as to what direction to install the spring? I noticed that the spring has a bit of a difference at the ends. One end has to coils close to each other what would the recommended direction be? And what direction is the spring installed on a Glock?

·
Registered
13 Posts
........i'm also considering grabbing a set of the glock "maritime spring cups". it's basically a shorter version of the cup that holds the striker spring on the striker, and supposedly reduces drag and friction. i'll report back with my findings unless someone beats me to it (might take me a while) :D
Any word on that yet?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Any word on that yet?

not yet---funds have been way too tight due to cut hours at work :( i know they're only like $15, but every dollar counts these days.

......pretty much anything but food and bills has been put on hold. when things do pick up, i will be trying them :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any particular reason why you are wanting to go with the maritime cups. I heard they are great in wet environments but I live in AZ :p

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Is there any particular reason why you are wanting to go with the maritime cups. I heard they are great in wet environments but I live in AZ :p

i just wanted to see if they work. also, they are a lot shorter than the stock walther cups, so i wanted to see if it helped with the feel of the trigger. i was thinking if there was less contact with the plastic cups, it might feel smoother.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just to let everyone know I installed a 4.5lb spring last night and shot about 300 rounds to test it out. I had no problems.

The trigger felt 10x better. And my shot group was outstanding.

This included some rapid fire and a lot of 2 shot magazine changes.

I also got the 5.5 stock glock one but Ill keep that in the tool box for now.

I went to the gun show yesterday to get the maritime cups but a glock shop in town said there was about a 2 week wait.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I know this reply may be in the wrong place BUT when posted in the PPS site, I got jumped for even suggesting a striker spring change on a PPS 9MM!!

Any one look into doing this on a PPS?

21 - 40 of 127 Posts