Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer and why ?? I'm about to get a P99 but not sure of the configuration...All black or OD...Hmm...maybe one of each...:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
"+1" on the AS trigger; prefer because of the SA/DA option.

"+1" on the OD frame; prefer because it looks great in person (vs. pics)

·
Registered
41 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShipWreck @ June 24 2006,1:41)]QA = Evil

A/S = What God greated on the 7th day when he was resting
I agree. The QA is an 8 lb pull and offers no advantage over the AS. If you want a constant single action trigger with the AS, just chamber a round and pull the trigger back to the single action position.

·
Registered
63 Posts
haha, we really need to add a permanent thread discussing "AS vs. QA." I can't even count how many threasd have discussed this topic.

Definitely the AS. It's what the Walther is really really known for. If you love a partially cocked gun with the same trigger pull (aka, Glock), then the QA might be a lil more up your alley.

The AS is a true DA/SA firearm. Check out the this pdf file about the various P99's. Very informative, and it should help you select which variant is right for you.

http://194.150.229.31/ersatzteil/P99E.pdf

Enjoy!

P.S.- OD Frames look like poo to me
I prefer the sleek all-black frame. Just my opinion though...

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (holycrikey @ June 26 2006,6:59)]P.S.- OD Frames look like poo to me
I prefer the sleek all-black frame. Just my opinion though...
Have you ever seen an OD frame in person.  The Green/Black combination is damn sexy looking!

But, I can understand that it is a matter of opinion.  To each his/her own!

-stunks

·
Registered
310 Posts
You'll find owners are very passionate about their trigger types! Personally, I prefer the AS version over the QA. I have Glocks -- the "advantage" of a consistent trigger pull has no attraction to me. I prefer the flexibility of a decocker and a second-strike capability. If you're a fan of a Glock-style trigger, then you might be pretty happy with a QA model. The best thing you can do is try them out and see which one is right for you.

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...I think I'm going with the "AS" trigger...but now I must decide what caliber to get...9 or 40...Right now I have 1 .45 & 2 .40 caliber pistols....I havent owned a 9mm in about 5yrs or so...Hmm...decisions decisions...

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (vyper005 @ June 26 2006,11:36)]Ok...I think I'm going with the "AS" trigger...but now I must decide what caliber to get...9 or 40...Right now I have 1 .45 & 2 .40 caliber pistols....I havent owned a 9mm in about 5yrs or so...Hmm...decisions decisions...
The 9mm will be cheaper when it comes to ammo, so it really depends on what intended use of the gun is. Many swear by the stopping power of the .40.

I chose 9mm mainly due to the price of ammo, as well as it being a very very easy caliber to control. Makes for loads of fun at the range (15 rds, hurrah!), as well as 9mm still being a dangerous bullet.

I totally forgot about my decocker as well. I love it! That is definitely a huge advantage over the QA, especially when it comes to dry firing or reholstering for added safety.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've never shot a QA although I've fired a few rounds from a Glock. I think the heavy DA pull on the AS makes it a safe gun to carry with a round in the chamber and ready to rock. The SA trigger for follow ups I'm not so sure about. I've fired a few K rounds through my gun and about 5 times the SA trigger was lighter than expected as if it hadn't fully reset. I really wouldn't want that to happen during a gun fight. I suspect that the QA trigger is easier to deal with during a stress full situation. For range shooting, well, get whatever you like best. You'll find people here that say they shoot more accurately with the QA than SA trigger on the AS. And the other way around. For defensive purposes I'm starting to lean towards a QA/LEM type trigger. Factor in how much time you can spend doing realistic drills. The QA is probably easier to be 'good' at with less training.

As far as ammo goes, price should only be a consideration for range shooting. Worry about controlability and damage potential when choosing a caliber for a defensive gun. If you can't control a 40, get the 9. Missed rounds do no damage at all
Decide if you'd rather have more rounds with less power than fewer rounds with more power (tough call). When I bought mine I was in CA so it was easy to go with the 40. Now I'm in CT (well, next week) and I see a high capacity 9 in my future
Oh, also consider where you may fire your gun in anger. If it's at home you may benefit from less noise of the 9. Outside it doesn't matter much. In other words, don't use a 44 Magnum to shoot a burglar in your house, you'll be deaf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts