Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the QA has double strike capability like the AS does? Do you guys find that is an important feature?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No, the QA does not have double strike capabilities and no I don't think its a good feature to have. In fact I think it could get you killed. If a cartridge didn't go off the first time, and you're in a battle for your life, its highly probable that the cartridge is not going to go off the second time either. Your best bet is to learn tap, rack, bang method. This will ensure your magazine is inserted correctly and you have a fresh cartridge in the chamber. When you practice this, you'll get very fast, that it will just be instinct. Go get a few snap caps and have a friend randomly insert them into your magazine.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Basically Tap, Rack, Bang is hitting the bottom of the magazine to make sure it is inserted all the way. (The magazine not being inserted all the way cause more problems than anything). Rack the slide back to get a fresh cartridge into the chamber. Then Bang, pull the trigger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ Oct. 20 2004,9:37)]Basically Tap, Rack, Bang is hitting the bottom of the magazine to make sure it is inserted all the way.  (The magazine not being inserted all the way cause more problems than anything).  Rack the slide back to get a fresh cartridge into the chamber.  Then Bang, pull the trigger.
I find this method to be effective and quick; I had this happen to me once or twice during practice when I was getting used to the p99. When it did, I shot the same string over again without the mishap, and the "method" cost me less than 1.5 seconds in down time; I also know that I could make this significantly less if I practiced for it - so I think it's a quicker method than going for a double strike, because as stated above, it's not likely that another trigger pull is going to solve the problem so it's quicker to just make sure the mag is properly seated, rack the slide and move on from the get go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts