Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

If you got to sprinco to order a recoil reducing system for your Q5 SF you will find the instruction as per the file "Sprinco 19172" attached.

If you're like me (and I suspect >99% of the population), you have no idea what a "stob" is - and guess what? You have to have the dimension to order the product.

I called Sprinco and figured it out. Please see the photo attached of the take-down lever - the "stob" is identified by the yellow arrow. The dimension you need (Via micrometer, in thousdandths) is indicated by the green arrows.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
I measured mine as 0.1165".

Btw, the takedown lever is super easy to remove and reinstall on the Q5 SF. There's no separate pin. When in open position, it just slides in/out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1. I got my new guide rod from Sprinco. The hole fits very well with the "stob" on the take-down lever, as shown in the first three attached photos. The third photo is the normal position when the gun is fully assembled.

2019-08-25 Sprinco New Guide Rod vs Takedown Lever 1.jpg
2019-08-25 Sprinco New Guide Rod vs Takedown Lever 2.jpg
2019-08-25 Sprinco New Guide Rod vs Takedown Lever 3.jpg

2. The new yellow recoil spring I received with the new guide rod is somewhat different in length than my old yellow recoil spring. Same number of coils, so maybe it could be that the old spring have just gotten more compressed (especially at the ends) due to use? And the new spring is just all spread out and relaxed because it has never been used?

2019-08-25 Sprinco Old Yellow Recoil Spring (top)  vs New (bottom).jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts