Walther Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will tell you that the Q5 SF is the only way to go if you are shooting a Walther. I have the Q5 poly version also and the wife has a Q5SF , she has way bet recoil control than I do with the Q5 poly. Her splits are consistently in the .18 to .21 with down 0 hits at 10 yards,she couldn't do that with the poly. So I like hers so good I got one too and boy this makes shooting fast and accurate very easy. As far as optics,been through most (Vortex,holosun,Burris) I run the SRO ,she runs a Leupold Delta point. Her DDP has broken 2 times ,so next time replaceing hers with a Romeo max3. But the SRO has held up good for me ,(over 15000rds so far,fingers crossed). Wouldn't waste the money on the before mentioned optics. Went through 3 Vortex in a month and too small of a window,not clear glass. Holosun window small and could not deal with the distortion in glass(got rid of it before it died) The wife and I shoot a lot so we put the optics to the test. We shoot every weekend and during the week sometimes when work allows 1500 rds per week average. Go ahead and spend the money and be happy and satisfied when you are out there shooting. Time is too valuable to go out and half ass things you enjoy!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
UPSMAN: I presume you work for UPS and can afford the SF's and the best optics. I really envy you.
You definitely know what you're talking about and know your way around IDPA/USPSA courses.
I have the SRO 6moa and the poly Q5, but would really love to get the SF, as I've tried one and accuracy is really good with both, but faster with the SF or Sig Legion I've tried. The SF and Legion just shoot so much flatter than the poly guns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the solid information on optics ! So the Q5SF and SRO optic comes in under the IDPA 43 oz weight limit ?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts