Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the springco guide rod system vs the tungsten Walther guide rod that will be releasing soon? Specific for the Q5 Steel Frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Sprinco recoil reducer system in my Q5 poly and in both of my Q5SF. Its works great,dont see any need for the heavy tungsten guide rod in the Q5SF because that gun is already heavy enough. It pushes the limit on weight in USPSA at 42oz(limit is 45) in its stock configuration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Sprinco recoil reducer system in my Q5 poly and in both of my Q5SF. Its works great,dont see any need for the heavy tungsten guide rod in the Q5SF because that gun is already heavy enough. It pushes the limit on weight in USPSA at 42oz(limit is 45) in its stock configuration.
Did your Springco guide rod fit your SF right out of the box? I received mine yesterday but the hole in the back of mine is not large enough to engage the lever that holds it in place

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did your Springco guide rod fit your SF right out of the box? I received mine yesterday but the hole in the back of mine is not large enough to engage the lever that holds it in place
I used my old Sprinco system out of my Q5poly (drilled hole bigger to make work)for my Q5SF . But for my wifes' Q5SF I order a new one from Sprinco 2 weeks ago and that one fit fine. Also Alan from Sprinco suggest you use the yellow spring for the SF,not the white.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mind posting pictures of this problem? Pictures of the hole your talking about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts