Walther Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
On a different note Walther now has the Medium stock grips in stock in US and I received two ea in the mail yesterday. I'm starting modification on one of them today for myself.

They run 40 bucks each.
I can't find those medium Walther grips online.

Where are they?
You have to call the Walther US parts department and order them, not on line.

Keith

·
Registered
11 Posts
Keith, thanks for the response. I have the same SRO on my Q5 SF with new barrel and lok grips on the way.

I'm going to contact Dawson for front sight. Could you tell me how high yours is and did you use red,green or white. I am wondering how they contrast with red dot on SRO ?? I bought the Q5 with SRO and moved to Open Class in USPSA. I have never used a Red Dot until now so its new territory. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Keith, thanks for the response. I have the same SRO on my Q5 SF with new barrel and lok grips on the way.

I'm going to contact Dawson for front sight. Could you tell me how high yours is and did you use red,green or white. I am wondering how they contrast with red dot on SRO ?? I bought the Q5 with SRO and moved to Open Class in USPSA. I have never used a Red Dot until now so its new territory. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dawson Precision Walther PPQ/PPQ M2/P99 Fiber Optic Front Sights
(Choose Sight Height & Width Below: .480" Tall x .100" Wide Ramped Serrated)
019-416 1 $39.00 USD $39.00 USD

I use the green and find it is really easy to see the red dot on the green. This height puts the sight just ovet the optic for quick acquisition. I think its the tallest offering they have for the Q5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Keith. Will get with Dawson this evening. Just got off the phone with Walther USA and ordered blue round extended mag release part # 2841541. They also have blue extended tear dropped shaped ones part # 2841525 on order and should be in the Stateside 12/2. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks Keith. Will get with Dawson this evening. Just got off the phone with Walther USA and ordered blue round extended mag release part # 2841541. They also have blue extended tear dropped shaped ones part # 2841525 on order and should be in the Stateside 12/2. :)
Cool Thanks for the information.

Keith

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Keith

Is that the threaded barrel from Walther ??
Does it come with that thread protector ??
What type of front sight is that ??

Weapon looks great !!
1/2-28 AR-15 Premium Fluted Thread Protector - LIFETIME WARRANTY
4.7 out of 5 stars 41 ratings | 18 answered questions
Price: $9.99 & FREE Shipping
Get $70 off instantly: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
New (1) from $9.99 + FREE Shipping
Report incorrect product information.

The thread protector on my gun, it's really top quality and looks and feels great on the 5.5 inch threaded barrel.

Keith

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Keith, you do exceptional work.
Thanks, I try; when I was a young man a very old and great construction worker beat into my head if you're going to do something it must be the best it can be.

I wanted to cut a pipe off with a touch one night and he refused to do it for me. Instead he took me over to the cutoff machine, gave me a lesson on how to properly use the machine, cut the pipe, trim the end and wipe it down. I have never forgot that night as if it's worth doing it must be done right.

Still working to obtain perfection.

Keithwhite100

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Did you have any fitting issues with your Walther Magwell?
No, it was very tight and fit very nicely. There is no movement of the Walther part. Needed to take care when driving in the roll pin.

I also ordered and tried out the Taylor Freelance Magwell but did not like the color match or the fact it seemed way bulky in size. Just didn't care for the look. It did fit well and there was no movement when installed as some have experienced.

Keith

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like that the Walther magwell seems to sit lower on the frame. It looks like it would work better for larger hands than the TF?

61 - 80 of 87 Posts