Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for the screw size for the plate that attaches to the slide. I stripped the head of my screw. I’ll have to JB weld it off. Just looking for some replacements.

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Is that an allen screw? Did you use loc-tite on the thread, Red, or Blue? JB weld it off???? Are you going to use JB weld to glue the allen wrench to the head of the screw, then see if (hope) you can unscrew the screw before the JB weld gives up the ghost?

Did you just strip the head of 'one' screw? Did you get the other screw out? If you have a spare screw, take it to Ace Hardware and see if you can match it up.

Or, if one of the smart guys on this forum reads this post, maybe they'll be able to answer your question, cuz, I don't have a clue.

Next time you install those screws, use some blue loc-tite 242, get the screw snug, then give it just a little bit more.....I'm talkin' just a little bit.

·
Read Only
147 Posts
I believe they are M3-.5X 5mm Sometimes referred to as button cap. They are available at Home Depot or Lowes. The only thing I'm not certain of is the length. I think 5mm is right but I would take one of the screws with you or measure it. The screws are M3-.5 though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
M3×0,5×6

M = metric thread
3 = 3 mm nominal/outer thread diameter
0,5 = 0,5 mm pitch (as that's the regular pitch for M3, it's not needed to be written)
6 = 6 mm length (without head)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

·
Read Only
147 Posts
Well there you have it Darks1d3

Go to Lowes or Home Depot or the hardware store of your choice and get some M3X6

Having just had to get longer screws for the Venom I put on mine I can tell you that at HD and Lowes they will be marked like this. M3-.05X6mm

·
Read Only
147 Posts
By the way the correct screws for a Vortex Venom mounted on the plate are M3x8
( M3-.05X8mm if you get them at Lowes or HD)

The ones that come with the Venom are not long enough and when you email them ( they are extremely nice and helpful at Vortex and they will send you a free hat) they will send you M3x10, which is likely too long.

·
Registered
602 Posts
As Michas and Floyd Eye have correctly stated, the screws attaching the Walther adapter plate to the slide are M3 x 6 mm - the 6 mm being the length of the thread only. The screws have a cylinder head with a depth of 3 mm, a head diameter of 5.4 mm and take a 2.5 mm Hex key.

I have used the same screws (same length) to mount a Vortex Venom to the adapter plate. These screws came in the Vortex package and were labelled “Glock MOS”.

Balor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that an allen screw? Did you use loc-tite on the thread, Red, or Blue? JB weld it off???? Are you going to use JB weld to glue the allen wrench to the head of the screw, then see if (hope) you can unscrew the screw before the JB weld gives up the ghost?

Did you just strip the head of 'one' screw? Did you get the other screw out? If you have a spare screw, take it to Ace Hardware and see if you can match it up.

Or, if one of the smart guys on this forum reads this post, maybe they'll be able to answer your question, cuz, I don't have a clue.

Next time you install those screws, use some blue loc-tite 242, get the screw snug, then give it just a little bit more.....I'm talkin' just a little bit.
Yes I always use blue loctite. I’ve done some dumb things but using red loctite on something I want to unscrew later isn’t one of them...yet.
I constantly switch between optics and irons over the years I just managed to mess up the head of the screw.

Yes that’s exactly what the JB Weld trick is. I’ve had to use it a few times. Hasn’t failed me yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you often loose and tighten these screws, better replace the allen screws with torx screws. It's one if the best shape for transmitting torque and less wear. (That's the reason, why at work (global automotive supplier) we're only allowed to use torx for new products.)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts