Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll be watching this as well. I have a Fobus Evolution for my Taurus and I'm happy with it. But the Comp-Tac is looking good for the Q5. Will be interested in what others use too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use a Comp-Tac for my Q5 in USPSA Carry Optics. It comes with an option hanger to move out and down which you wouldn't want to use for CC. It fits the Q5 very well even with the DDP red dot. Good retention and made for use with a taller sight.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll be watching this as well. I have a Fobus Evolution for my Taurus and I'm happy with it. But the Comp-Tac is looking good for the Q5. Will be interested in what others use too.
I have one for my VP9, and it's adequate for a range holster, or something to have on my hip for a camping trip or something like that. It sticks out way too far for CCW tho. The Fobus Evolution paddle, I mean.

Dukes4aces has a tremendous point there, about the belt. I myself use a ratcheting slider belt. As far as ease and comfort, absolutely nothing beats it. Putting it on is literally like pulling a zip tie. Taking it off, just pull the buckle forward, and then pull it off. No holes to make the belt too tight, or too lose. Works GREAT with an IWB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have one for my VP9, and it's adequate for a range holster, or something to have on my hip for a camping trip or something like that. It sticks out way too far for CCW tho. The Fobus Evolution paddle, I mean...
Completely agree. The Fobus is not meant for CC. Then again, I don't think of the Q5 as being a CCW. If OP was asking for CC options, I misread what he was looking for. My bad...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, I think anything 5” is going to be pretty big 🙂

I am looking to use a holster, non conceal, OWB for when providing pistol instruction. Just for wearing in class and at the range.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Honestly, I think anything 5” is going to be pretty big 🙂

I am looking to use a holster, non conceal, OWB for when providing pistol instruction. Just for wearing in class and at the range.

I'm afraid you're right. Seems like the choices are pretty limited for the Q5. I may end up with the Comp-Tac.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.