Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PPQ and Q5, but their capacity is 15 rounds. Being in NJ, with increasingly restrictive gun laws, possession of a pistol that is capable of accepting more than 10 rounds will become illegal (grandfathered, prior purchases are OK, if registered with police :( ).
I will still have to block my seven magazines to limit them to 10 rounds.

All in all, a big hassle. I would rather sell them on gunbroker.com; and buy something else, with a 10 rd. capacity.

I received an email from Walther in Germany, which said there are Q5s and PPQs with a 10 round capacity - NOT merely sold with 10 round magazines. And, I could contact Walther in Arkansas to have them shipped from Germany.

When I called Arkansas, they insisted there is no such gun; only 10 round magazines!

Can any forum members enlighten me?

If there is no such animal, then what optic ready, 9mm, pistol would you suggest I convert to? Price limit depends on what my Q5 and PPQ sell for.

Thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a PPQ and Q5, but their capacity is 15 rounds. Being in NJ, with increasingly restrictive gun laws, possession of a pistol that is capable of accepting more than 10 rounds will become illegal (grandfathered, prior purchases are OK, if registered with police :( ).

I will still have to block my seven magazines to limit them to 10 rounds.

All in all, a big hassle. I would rather sell them on gunbroker.com; and buy something else, with a 10 rd. capacity.

I received an email from Walther in Germany, which said there are Q5s and PPQs with a 10 round capacity - NOT merely sold with 10 round magazines. And, I could contact Walther in Arkansas to have them shipped from Germany.

When I called Arkansas, they insisted there is no such gun; only 10 round magazines!

Can any forum members enlighten me?

If there is no such animal, then what optic ready, 9mm, pistol would you suggest I convert to? Price limit depends on what my Q5 and PPQ sell for.

Thank you.
I might be interested in your Q5 depending on what you want for it. Maybe the PPQ also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Another reason to not live in NJ.....I used to work there. The state has become unloveable. Not sure how you manage.

Anyway, if it were me, I would try the process of registering for approval.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want to stick with a PPQ the SC version comes standard with 10 Rds, I have had no issues with mine at all through 900 rds. Little smaller package, but if it’s a edc it’s even more concealable and still has the awesome PPQ trigger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts