Walther Forums banner

Q5 Match with 17rd Mag - IDPA

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  WxGuy 
#1 ·
Does the Q5 Match with the 17 round mag fit in the IDPA box? I’m shooting it in SSP right now with the 15 rounders but my hand fits much better with the 17. I sketched out a box and it’s very close to fitting but hard to tell unless I actually build the box. Any help would be grateful before I buy 3 more 17 rounders OR a different gun. Thanks, Mike

#2 ·
It'll fit. But best to check your home club box before heading to a sanctioned match. Chrono your ammo at the same time, or before. Never go to a sanctioned match without chrono of the ammo you are shooting in YOUR gun. And don't ever trust that just because brand x passed before, that it will next time.

#3 ·
Better yet, buy the IDPA approved lexan box. You will see these at all the sanctioned matches and your local MDs should have one.

A local club to me had a wooden box and as we all know, wood swells over time. A shooter used this box, thought his gun was GTG (as did others) and found out it was too big at a Tier 4 match. OUCH! By having your own box, you can take it to your LGS and check fit to your hearts content.

When the Q5 SF came out, I took the box and a variety of 15 round mags with different base pads to check compliance with each mag. That was eye opening! Now that LOK has come out with their thin grips, I'm picking up my NEW Q5 SF tomorrow! My thin grips are already here. I checked them on a buddies SF and turned right around and ordered the gun.

Have fun out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.