Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I just bought me a Q5 Match SF. I will be using this for steel challenge matches. I have noticed that there is quite a bit of travel in the trigger and reset.

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their trigger with an apex and how it is working for them. If someone has done it, can you tell me how much difference it made.

I did a little research, and it seems the models being sold in Germany now come with a new trigger. The gun looks sweet with the new trigger, and I guess it has reduced it to 3.5#.

I will be curious as to whether they offer them here in the states soon. I hope so.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Keep us posted on your progress. And without pictures, it never happened. (these days even with pictures it may not have happened)

·
Registered
698 Posts
... I have noticed that there is quite a bit of travel in the trigger and reset...
I don't regard the slack to the break as "quite a bit of travel". Compared to most pistols, it is much better. There are pistols with minimum to no travel, but once you train to take the slack out when put your finger on the trigger, there is no difference. The reset is only a tenth of an inch, which is excellent.

It might be just training or preference, to each his own. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's true. I am just going by what others are telling me. I found out that any mods will void the warranty. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Mods????? Who would do that?

Yep, what Bart said. In actual shooting, I typically shoot from reset. In other words, I only do that 'long' pull once. In addition, when I'm just shootin paper, I always take the slack out...pull the trigger back until its at the wall. When you know your trigger mechanism and train around the way the trigger works, it becomes second nature.

Long takeup......I never even notice it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info. I will give it a the trigger a chance first. I did find out that Walther will install the apex trigger for me. I just have to buy the trigger and send it in along with the gun.

If they do the install, they said it will not void the warranty.

But I will try it out at steel challenge and see how it works with speed shooting.

I appreciate the help from all of you.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from the Mountains.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like others have said please give it a chance. Believe it or not I run a Creed for USPSA style matches. Those have a longer reset than the Q5 could ever dream of having and I do just fine with it. I keep up with the ranked shooters with their worked over glocks and M&P's no problem. Just don't let her come off of reset. You'll be surprised how fast and smooth it will shoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts