Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I’m new. I need help with my q5 match. I got the TTI plus 5 base pads. They installled easily to the magazine but when I insert the mag into the gun they don’t click in. They do however if I have the slide open. Kinda odd

·
Registered
297 Posts
I’d double check if the spring is oriented on the follower correctly, and that you ommited that locking plate on the base pad. I know it’s probably unlikely you messed up there but I’m just guessing that’s a good place to look

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
So, when you load the mag up to capacity, can you use your thumb and still depress the ammo stack a 1/16" or so? There HAS to be a little in the magazine for the stack to be compressed when you insert a fully loaded mag into the magwell with the slide closed.

Remove 'one' round from the fully loaded mag and try inserting the mag into the magwell with the slide closed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
So, when you load the mag up to capacity, can you use your thumb and still depress the ammo stack a 1/16" or so? There HAS to be a little in the magazine for the stack to be compressed when you insert a fully loaded mag into the magwell with the slide closed.

Remove 'one' round from the fully loaded mag and try inserting the mag into the magwell with the slide closed.
I know this to be true, with my taylor freelance plus 6, I can actually fit plus 7, but it makes it hard to click in the magazine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts