Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This makes no rational sense for me. But, I gotta do it. I am going to sell my almost new polymer Q5 and buy a SF. That means new holster, I assume, because I have heard the SF will not work in my brand new, never used Redhill Tactical holster I just received. Bummer. Gotta wait another month to buy a new one.

Question. Since I shoot Steel Challenge (local matches) and USPSA (local matches), and I never win anything, I am not real concerned about what class I shoot as I will most likely be in the bottom 2% anyway (they don't call me old fat and slow for nothing)....and I like the idea the Q5 Match PRO model. Any reason (other than money) to get the NON-PRO version?

Big question: where is the best online place for an in stock Q5 right now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don't sell a gun ,you just buy another one. Keep the Q5 poly and get the Q5 SF and ad to your gun collection. I have the first gun I purchase 33 years ago and every other one since. The older you get the more you will be glad you have kept the guns,great conversation pieces also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You don't sell a gun ,you just buy another one. Keep the Q5 poly and get the Q5 SF and ad to your gun collection. I have the first gun I purchase 33 years ago and every other one since. The older you get the more you will be glad you have kept the guns,great conversation pieces also.

A lot to be said for this!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may be true, but you are discounting the "wife" factor. This is a pretty specific gun designed for a pretty specific use. I do not really feel a need for two similar steel shooting guns. Besides, with the blue trigger, I can probably slide this one in the range bag and my wife won't ever notice the change, or the mission $1,000. I also need a car/carry gun (thinking P365) and I really want to get into trap/skeet/5 stand/sporting clays and that may require more guns. Side question for those of you who know...can one shotgun be chosen that would do a good job in all those disciples? Are the requirements similar enough that one good shotgun will do it all?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
This may be true, but you are discounting the "wife" factor. This is a pretty specific gun designed for a pretty specific use. I do not really feel a need for two similar steel shooting guns. Besides, with the blue trigger, I can probably slide this one in the range bag and my wife won't ever notice the change, or the mission $1,000. I also need a car/carry gun (thinking P365) and I really want to get into trap/skeet/5 stand/sporting clays and that may require more guns. Side question for those of you who know...can one shotgun be chosen that would do a good job in all those disciples? Are the requirements similar enough that one good shotgun will do it all?

There may be another approach... Worked in my world...

Change to the small grip insert. Buy some Fenix NAS3 or Speer Lawman 147gr ammo, Bring your wife to the range, shoot together, she uses the lighter one, you use the heavier one. (worked for Berettas here)...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I appreciate the fortitude of the collectors out there to hold on to their guns. If it works for you financially, good on you.

Me on the other hand, with a few exceptions, if it's not being shot, it could be on the block to fund another purchase, despite what I've told myself in the past. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Come on guys help the guy out! It is easy. Keep the polymer and buy the steel. You just never have the two together at the same time. She sees one she sees them all ....sort of.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
The purpose of getting married is to find someone that you have things in common with. I wouldn't have married a woman that didn't like ATV's ,hunting , guns ,4x4 trucks and fast cars. When my wife goes shopping she brings back a new gun instead of clothes. She arranges our vacations,this year ,2 weeks for trip to NRA show, then 2 weeks riding atvs in Hatfield Mccoy WV. Then going to travel doing a few USPSA matches. We spend our together time on our range 3 times a week practicing our pistol skills..Thats a happy life with a good wife!!! The only downside is when I buy 1 Q5sf I have to buy another one,which is not really a downside. Just bought 2 shadow 2's trying to get use to the DA /SA trigger,once we get the Q5 SF's will have a good comparison review.Steel frame guns seem to shoot easier than the poly guns, but i really like my Q5 poly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The purpose of getting married is to find someone that you have things in common with. I wouldn't have married a woman that didn't like ATV's ,hunting , guns ,4x4 trucks and fast cars. When my wife goes shopping she brings back a new gun instead of clothes. She arranges our vacations,this year ,2 weeks for trip to NRA show, then 2 weeks riding atvs in Hatfield Mccoy WV. Then going to travel doing a few USPSA matches. We spend our together time on our range 3 times a week practicing our pistol skills..Thats a happy life with a good wife!!! The only downside is when I buy 1 Q5sf I have to buy another one,which is not really a downside. Just bought 2 shadow 2's trying to get use to the DA /SA trigger,once we get the Q5 SF's will have a good comparison review.Steel frame guns seem to shoot easier than the poly guns, but i really like my Q5 poly.
You don't have to brag about it.

J/K. That is awesome!

·
Registered
140 Posts
This may be true, but you are discounting the "wife" factor.
I'm so glad that my money is my money and our joint expenses are something I budget from my money.
Toy and play money needs to be budgeted for both partners if finances are totally entwined.

Now, for comic relief, the best advice I heard was this: The only penultimate one-time purchase is the safe or cabinet. Buy the biggest you can get.
Then the only thing the wife should ever see is the outside of the safe and the range bag(s).

Everytime you buy a new gun, leave with the range bag(s), return with new gun in bag.

She'll never know...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone who is considering selling a used firearm. By used I am referencing any firearm that has been used/fired since it left the factory, number of rounds notwithstanding. From what I have been able to ascertain, the used gun market is stagnant to say the least. Seems as though if you want it to move, gun needs to be in excellent condition, have all the original documents and case and be priced no higher than 50% to 60% of list value. Others that are priced higher seem to stay on the classified list on this site and others forever.
Not what any us want to hear but it is reality. Hope anyone who has a gun listed for sale gets their asking price.

Just sayin'!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Penultimate, last in a series.
A big sage is the last in a series. The series of guns continues on as long as there is space.
Close, but not what my dictionary says...."pe·nul·ti·mate
/pəˈnəltəmət/ adjective -- last but one in a series of things; second last.
"the penultimate chapter of the book"

Last, but one in other words, next to the last. Not last.

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
Maybe we should just try to use words that EVERBODY can understand....including ********. I HATE having to use google to look up the meaning of a word before I can finish reading someone's post. :D.

On the other hand, maybe that's a way to help enrich en and enlighten one's self.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the other hand, maybe that's a way to help enrich en and enlighten one's self.
Years ago, when I first went to college and majored in Literature, I was reading a lot of stuff with a lot of words that I did not know. So, I made it a point to look up EVERY word I came across that I did not know and try to commit the definition to memory, and to put the word into my lexicon, so I could use it when appropriate. I must say, it worked pretty well.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just a heads up to anyone who is considering selling a used firearm. By used I am referencing any firearm that has been used/fired since it left the factory, number of rounds notwithstanding. From what I have been able to ascertain, the used gun market is stagnant to say the least. Seems as though if you want it to move, gun needs to be in excellent condition, have all the original documents and case and be priced no higher than 50% to 60% of list value. Others that are priced higher seem to stay on the classified list on this site and others forever.
Not what any us want to hear but it is reality. Hope anyone who has a gun listed for sale gets their asking price.

Just sayin'!
We are selling used guns about $150 off of new.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.