Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm finally own a Q5 Match SF but have a very hard time finding a holster for it. I need a OWB holster for matches (USPSA Production, Steel Challenge, IDPA SSP).

I've ordered a C1 from Veil Solutions several weeks ago to have something, but I have yet to receive anything.

My previous holster is a Comp-Tac International Holster for my PPQ M2 4" 9mm, which I was ok with (though I would've preferred a Blade-Tech).

Does anyone have any ideas on where I could get a suitable holster? Or if there's a holster that would work after some (slight) modifications?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was watching the Yankee Marshal and his review on his SF. He said these guys sent him a bunch of SF holsters. Renaissance Firearms
I can't say I know anything about this company-I would recommend clinger or Comptac if they support the SF.
I can’t find any holster from Renaissance, Clinger or Comp-Tac that would fit a Q5 SF...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dara Holsters has a quick-ship OWB (even comes with a optic cutout even though it doesn't advertise that). Mine was on the doorstep only 4 days after ordering. I really like Dara's paddle attachment, but their attachments are not the normal pattern so you are kind of limited to what they have to offer.

I also grabbed a Red Hill holster, and its a really nice competition part but took ~35 days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ditto on Dara. I don't have a Q5 yet but run a Creed. (weird right?) I got my mid drop competition cut holster from Dara. Yes, it took a few weeks for that particular holster but it's a high quality rig. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
comp tac has one for the Q5SF now.. International.. check the make then model pull down..

https://comp-tac.com/international-holster-belt-paddle-drop-offset-holster-comp-tac/

My Comp Tac just arrived. PPQ M2 9mm fits perfectly. The molded holster covers the magazine release, but has room above the front site so that the site does not strike the holster when drawing the gun, or when putting it back into the holster.

Like it so far. The fit is snug, to prevent the weapon from becoming dislodged as the holster does not have a band over the top of the weapon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh, and my favorite part of the Amazon ad for the Comp Tac holster for a Walther PPQ M2 9mm? This:

WARNING:
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.

Darn it. I was going to give my grandson a Walther PPQ and the Comp Tac holster!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I will probably get some fancier holster at some point later, but as a standard versatile holster I really like the Comp-Tac International. Decent price and comes with three belt attachments - drop offset, belt, paddle. Works great for matches as well as at the range or even carry.

But most of all I really like how fast Comp-Tac is! I ordered at midnight and they shipped right away in the morning. It'll arrive on Thursday, woo! :)

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Q5 Match SF Holster

I shoot Carry Optic in USPSA. Red Hill Tactical makes a really good one. It took 30 days to get it, but it was worth the wait. I also bought the one from Veil. I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a lefty red hill tactical Q5 SF if you neednit 😏

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: I just received the Comp-Tac International holster for my Q5 SF today and went to the range with it. The holster is as great with my Q5 as the other one I have for my PPQ - no problems at all drawing fast, good retention, nice "click" when re-hostering, etc.

I'm sure it'll work just fine for all my matches (USPSA Production, IDPA SSP, Steel Challenge, etc).

I may eventually get a Red Hill Tactical with Tek-Lok attachment later on, but this Comp-Tac will suit me perfectly for now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: I just received the Comp-Tac International holster for my Q5 SF today and went to the range with it. The holster is as great with my Q5 as the other one I have for my PPQ - no problems at all drawing fast, good retention, nice "click" when re-hostering, etc.

Nice. And your experience matches mine in terms of the Comp-Tac holster for the Walther. I also have a Comp-Tac for my Glock 19, gen 5, and it works pretty well, but is not as large as the holster for the Walther. The Walther holster just seems perfect.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Have you contacted Chip Ream at Renaissance Firearms? He is going heavy into the SF with all of his models....

I have one and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I asked the BladeTech folks about a holster for the SF. They said they might work on it. Give them an email and see where they are with the project.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts