Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with a Q5 Match Steel Frame that has a shelf inside the chamber? I just noticed this today when I was cleaning my brass and about to reload it. The brass has a "bottle neck" of sorts about 1/8 to a 1/4th of the way down. So I looked inside my chamber and at first I thought I had a bunch of carbon buildup, but after cleaning the chamber I discovered that the chamber was milled that way. It hasn't messed with the pistol at all. I've never had a malfunction and the gun is very accurate. (Maybe the shelf was placed there on purpose to help with accuracy??) Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Here's a picture of the chamber. You can see the "shelf" I'm talking about.

Here's a picture of the brass:

With the barrel out, I took some live rounds and just dropped them into the chamber to see what would happen. The mouth of the brass did slightly catch on the "shelf" in the chamber, but didn't prevent the round from fully chambering.

Just weird. When I resize the brass, it looks normal. FYI.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks! I've been shooting this thing for a long time now and never noticed it until last night. Most of the time I didn't bother picking up brass during a match or if I did, I hadn't got around to cleaning and reloading yet. Been a great reliable pistol so far.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I guess I'm just late to the party. Wonder why I haven't seen this before. I checked some of my PPS's, PPQ's, etc. and sure enough, they have the stepped chamber. Although I think this Q5 Match SF has the biggest step out of them all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts