Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Sig P320 with a Romeo 1 red dot. Not crazy about the pistol but love the Romeo 1. It has many features the others don't have such as adjustable brightness, Motion Activated Control and a top load battery. Cost is above that of the Viper/Venom but much less than a Trijicon.
Am planning on getting a Q5 Match and would like to mount a Romeo 1 on it. Am told the plates supplied by Walther with the Q5 are only for Trijicon, Leupold and Docter red dots.
Would anyone know if one of these plates could be adapted to mount a Romeo 1? Perhaps someone might know a vendor who could make one of these plates work with a Romeo 1.
I checked with Sig and the plates they can supply with their red dot are for other brands but not Walther.
Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a Sig P320 with a Romeo 1 red dot. Not crazy about the pistol but love the Romeo 1. It has many features the others don't have such as adjustable brightness, Motion Activated Control and a top load battery. Cost is above that of the Viper/Venom but much less than a Trijicon.
Am planning on getting a Q5 Match and would like to mount a Romeo 1 on it. Am told the plates supplied by Walther with the Q5 are only for Trijicon, Leupold and Docter red dots.
Would anyone know if one of these plates could be adapted to mount a Romeo 1? Perhaps someone might know a vendor who could make one of these plates work with a Romeo 1.
I checked with Sig and the plates they can supply with their red dot are for other brands but not Walther.
Any help much appreciated!
Did you find a plate that works with your Romeo 1? I am in the same boat here. Don't want to buy a different dot..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm pretty sure Sig uses the C-More footprint for the newer sights. I'd contact Springer Precision about your Romeo plate.

·
Registered
245 Posts
EGW has mounts but didn't Sig change the mounting pattern from the Romeo 1 to the later models. EGW and Springer both have the C-More RTS2 mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Springer said they did not have a mount for Sig Romeo 1 to Q5.
Gonna sell my Romeo1 on ebay and buy vortex venom

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can purchase RTS2 mount directly from C-More (cmore.com)
The RTS2 mount for Q5 is Cat no MT-504
I am going to give it a try and will advise if this works.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought a RTS2 mount for my FTP Alpha 3. I'm not 100% positive, but I think Sig changed the mount pattern between the Romeo 1 and the Max and 360 which I think are the models that take the RTS2 mount.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RTS2 mount will not work. Screws that come with the mount are too large for the Romeo1 that I have. Also the holes do not line up exactly (very close, but not exact). It may be because my Romeo 1 is about 2 years old, which may have been before they changed the pattern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts