Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Walther shows a model number of 2813335 on their website for this pistol. But I see some vendors selling the Q5 Match under a different model number (2813336). Anyone know the difference??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. I just figured it out.

2813336 comes with 10 round magazines while 2813335 comes with 15 round mags.

I probably should have figured that out before bidding and winning an online auction for the 10 rd model.

My good deal just got a little less good.

Just damn...
:mad:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I usually don’t use more than 10 at a time:)

Ask the seller if you can back out....or offer to buy another gun from him...the one you want.

·
Premium Member
13,891 Posts
^^^^True....true. Many times when I'm at the range, shooting for groups or sighting in, I'll only load 3 rounds. BUT, I still have a boat load of 20 and 30 round mags for my PPQ's....these are for HD and or the next civil war...which probably isn't too far away. I need a bigger ammo locker. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points. I too usually only shoot 5 or 10 rounds at a time while at the range so I can practice mag changes and gun handing in general.

Even so, I'm going to call them today and see if they will ship the model with 15 round mag(s) instead. Looks like there is no difference in price. It's worth a shot.

Just aggravating that I pull a dumb dumb like that...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Personally when I target shoot I don't load more than 10 rounds due to weight
I've made a few ebay mistakes usually about 3 am when I'm sleep buying
BUT you'll need more when the zombies come 50 is always better :D
I have found if I can't knock um down I'll blind them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
All good points. I too usually only shoot 5 or 10 rounds at a time while at the range so I can practice mag changes and gun handing in general.

Even so, I'm going to call them today and see if they will ship the model with 15 round mag(s) instead. Looks like there is no difference in price. It's worth a shot.

Just aggravating that I pull a dumb dumb like that...
It’s an understandable error. As long as the seller has the other gun you won’t I can’t imagine they would care.

Even if you offer to pay a little more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I contacted the seller (twice) and both times I was told they can't make changes to auction items. And I did offer to pay an additional amount to make the change. Either GunBroker auction rules or they just don't want to deal with it. Either way it looks like I'm going to get (3) 10 RD mags.

Still looking forward to getting this thing and running it around the block a few times.

Not the end of the world, I guess...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I contacted the seller (twice) and both times I was told they can't make changes to auction items. And I did offer to pay an additional amount to make the change. Either GunBroker auction rules or they just don't want to deal with it. Either way it looks like I'm going to get (3) 10 RD mags.
I'll trade you 3 of my 15-round mags for your 3 10-round mags. I live in New Jersey, which recently changed it's laws from a 15-round limit to a 10-round limit, so a trade would get you the 15-round mags you prefer, and would save me from having to modify 3 of my mags to dumb them down to 10 rounds.

Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll trade you 3 of my 15-round mags for your 3 10-round mags. I live in New Jersey, which recently changed it's laws from a 15-round limit to a 10-round limit, so a trade would get you the 15-round mags you prefer, and would save me from having to modify 3 of my mags to dumb them down to 10 rounds.

Dave

Sounds good to me Dave! I'll send a you a PM a bit later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Dave

Hey Dave,
PM sent...

I couldn't figure out how to attach photos to the PM so here are a few so you can see them. You can see they have the dimple in the side that limits them to 10 RD. They are brand new except for the 90 rounds I put through them yesterday...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw that there are two models after purchasing my Q5 with 10 round magazines.

Is there a difference in the guns, or are the guns the same but with different mags?

In other words, can I buy the 15 round mags and use them with my gun?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw that there are two models after purchasing my Q5 with 10 round magazines.

Is there a difference in the guns, or are the guns the same but with different mags?

In other words, can I buy the 15 round mags and use them with my gun?

Same gun. The magazines are modified so they only hold 10 rounds. All you need are "normal" 15 round magazines.

If you put up a new post looking to trade 10 round mags for 15 round mags, I'm sure there are folks that would be willing to trade from states that have that have to deal with that restriction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts