Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my calipers, the Q5 uses an unusually thick fiber rod in front: 1.7mm. But commonly found replacement rods only go up to 1.5 mm. Most are thinner, in fact. Could it be that I'm measuring it incorrectly? Seems like other guns I have with fiber optic have 1.5 mm rods. So, is there a source of 1.7 mm replacements, or should I just put a 1.5 mm rod in and let it rattle a little?

·
Registered
978 Posts
According to my calipers, the Q5 uses an unusually thick fiber rod in front: 1.7mm. But commonly found replacement rods only go up to 1.5 mm. Most are thinner, in fact. Could it be that I'm measuring it incorrectly? Seems like other guns I have with fiber optic have 1.5 mm rods. So, is there a source of 1.7 mm replacements, or should I just put a 1.5 mm rod in and let it rattle a little?
The Q5 front filament is .060 in diameter. I purchase it by the yard, in different colors and help fellow shooters at matches, who break their filaments.

If you make them tight, with no front to rear movement, they will last for years, if not forever.

Flourescent Fiber - Archery Sights-Replacement Fiber Optics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts