Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Sig P320 with a Romeo 1 red dot. Not crazy about the pistol but love the red dot. Has many features the other brands don't have such as adjustable brightness, Motion Activated Control and a top load battery. Cost is more than a Viper/Venom but much less than a Trijicon.

Planning on purchasing a Q5 and would like to mount a Romeo 1 on it. I am told that the plates supplied by Walther with the Q5 are only for Trijicon, Leupold and Docter red dots. Would anyone know if either of these plates could be adapted to mount a Romeo 1? Perhaps someone might know a vendor who could make one of these plates work with a Romeo 1?

I checked with Sig regarding the plates they can supply with a Romeo 1 and none of them are for any Walther product.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I "believe" that the bolt pattern is compatible between the Romeo 1 and the DPP. I just bought a Romeo 1 for a different pistol, so I will not be able to verify that by myself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The P320 with the Romeo 1 that I own has about 3,000 rounds thru it and no problems whatsoever.

As I mentioned, love the Romeo 1, the pistol not so much. Have owned a Glock and the 320 but the Q5 is in a league all its' own! Just a superior firearm compared to the others.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I just answered my own question. Just spoke to Sig and they now do have an adapter plate for the Walther Q4 and Q5. The only caveat is that in order to get this plate one must buy the "Handgun Adapter Pack" which contains plates for several brands of pistols. Cost is about $50 in addition to the cost of the red dot. But at least I now have an option.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
the
Have a Sig P320 with a Romeo 1 red dot. Not crazy about the pistol but love the red dot. Has many features the other brands don't have such as adjustable brightness, Motion Activated Control and a top load battery. Cost is more than a Viper/Venom but much less than a Trijicon.

Planning on purchasing a Q5 and would like to mount a Romeo 1 on it. I am told that the plates supplied by Walther with the Q5 are only for Trijicon, Leupold and Docter red dots. Would anyone know if either of these plates could be adapted to mount a Romeo 1? Perhaps someone might know a vendor who could make one of these plates work with a Romeo 1?

I checked with Sig regarding the plates they can supply with a Romeo 1 and none of them are for any Walther product.

Any help much appreciated.
The Q4 M2 Leopold/RMS mount should work with the RomeoZero. The RomeoZero is compatible with the Shield RMSc which mounts on the Leupold/RMS Walther mount.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Romeo 1 is a little different than the dpp footprint. Sig went to the exact dpp footprint with the new "pro" optics. I haven't seen anyone with a q mount a romeo 1 to my knowledge and I've been avoiding the crap out of them because sig already abandoned it and it's an orphan footprint at this point although some slight modification can be made to make it fit on the dpp footprint from what I've heard

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts