Walther Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
[QUOTE I bought the SFX to try out shooting with a optic.
I don’t like shooting with optics on pistols, lesson learned.
So you have dropped the canik barrel into the PPQ and put rounds through it? Why didn't you like shooting optics on pistols[/QUOTE]

The Canik barrel does not sit flush in the PPQ slide. The barrels top hood region where the rounds feed into is too wide. The Canik barrel is also longer than the Walthers.

I know optics are all the rage now and a good portion of people are EDC with them, but I don’t like how the reticle bounces around when I’m shooting.

I am interested in getting a threaded barrel for my q5 and the canik barrels are affordable and readily available which is why I am interested, but it sounds like paying the extra money for a Jarvis barrel or getting a q4 is a better decision just like buying a Walther is a better decision over a canik imo. It has taken me a year to get really proficient with red dots on handguns and my biggest advice is you need to change how you aim and do not focus on your sight focus on your target and bring the gun to the target, your optic housing should be blurry when you are shooting and the target should be clear when the dot is on where you want to hit press. Shooters transitioning to dots are so trained in focusing on the front sight that we have the tendency to "look for the dot" which slows you down. Practice by picking something in your house that is 7 or so yards away stare at it and present. You will become faster, if the target were a stop sign don't focus on the sign focus on the point where the lines of the T intersect for example and I find target acquisition is faster

It has taken me a year to get really proficient with red dots on handguns and my biggest advice is you need to change how you aim and do not focus on your sight focus on your target and bring the gun to the target, your optic housing should be blurry when you are shooting and the target should be clear when the dot is on where you want to hit press. Shooters transitioning to dots are so trained in focusing on the front sight that we have the tendency to "look for the dot" which slows you down. Practice by picking something in your house that is 7 or so yards away stare at it and present. You will become faster, if the target were a stop sign don't focus on the sign focus on the point where the lines of the T intersect for example and I find target acquisition is faster
I shoot better with iron sights compared to optics on my pistols. I have a stigmatism in both of my eyes so the red dot is not exactly clear as it should be. I thought it was my red dot, but apparently it's my eyes.
My shooting has not suffered using old school tried and trusted iron sights, believe me.

The first version of the TP9 that was available here was in my LGS one day. I'd heard of it via WF, but it was a surprise to see such a non-mainstream pistol in BFE, north Missouri.

I handled it, dry fired it, stripped it, and would've came home with it, but for the lack of a key element called money.

Built at least as good as a Glock, and probably better than the CCP and PK380 by a huge margin.

Yeah, gimme the paddle version, I'd carry the thing. After +/- several hundreds of rounds for self assurance it won't fail with my carry ammo types, that is.

I wonder if you could put TP9 Elite SC slide with threaded barrel on a PPQ and sort of make a short and light DDX by adding the comp.

Edit: what I'm talking about is kind of like what you see people doing with the Sig X-Compact with the subcompact side and a compact or carry grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.