Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Thought I'd share a few pics of my Q4 with Aimpoint ACRO. Enjoy!

How do you like it? Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

Looks boxey but I like the idea of the closed emitter. Durability and weather resistance is where current RDS are still "getting there". Maybe this design points to the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'd say I have around 500 rounds with the Acro now. I used to have a DeltaPoint Pro before for a year and a Vortex Viper half a year before that.

I consider the DPP the best gamer sight of the three. Biggest window and good durability. As long as it doesn't rain, that is.

The Acro does have a noticably smaller window than the DPP. It is also heavier and slightly bulkier, though it does not sit higher than the DPP. The "tunnel" of the Acro helps a bit with index, but like always with red dots you really have to practice index to death to get fast.

The ball was really dropped with the adapter plate. I used to have a modified Shield adapter plate in aluminum for my DPP. Compared to the plate for the Aimpoint, there is a factor 3 in thickness and factor 4 in weight - to the disadvantage of the plate for the Acro. That's right - the plate for the Acro is 3 times thicker and 4 times heavier. Then add the additional weight of the Acro to that. The Acro plate is made in steel and excessively thick. There is even a 0.5 mm gap between the sight and the plate, because they didn't even bother to make the mount flush to the sight. Really sloppy. I think B&T makes them. Shame on them.

With red dots you want the mount as low as possible, and reducing weight high on the slide keeps the recoil and muzzle flip down. I can't believe they did not even try to make it good.

Still evaluating the pros and cons. Just comparing the sights, I think I'd take the Acro over the DPP for the advantages of the closed emitter and I also think durability will be better with the Acro. But factoring in the adapter plates, I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts