Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question for those running a red dot on the optics ready PPQ models. The two options for backup sights seem to be the mounting plate from C&H Precision or the new factory plate from Walther with backup sight. Anyone run either of these and have an opinion? I am also curious about opinions on a raised backup front sight being black vs fiber optic. I usually like fiber optic front sights, but am curious if it may be distracting while running a red dot. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The C&H plate will allow the optic to sit slightly lower on the slide, which is a good thing. No real opinion on sights though beyond making sure the front is the correct height to line up properly with whichever rear plate you choose.

·
Premium Member
13,890 Posts
What's behind the 'green' door? That'd be option 3. A Shield RMS with Shield 'low mount' plate, allows you to use your stock front sight. The front sight on this pistol is not stock.....I like orange. 😁

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up with the C&H plate. The Dawson front sight they sell with it appeared to be the exact same height as the stock FO front sight. Since the stock front sight lines up with the C&H plate, I left it on and will test fire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts