Walther Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just picked up a new Q4 Steel OR - love it, put a Trijicon RMR on it and the Walther Performance one-piece aluminum grips (which really feel great in the hand).

The ONE thing that is driving me crazy - holster options. This is obviously not an EDC IWB pistol. I am looking for high quality, thick, mid-drop style. I know Comp-Tac and Dara make one for the Q4 Steel but I am really wondering if anyone has experience with G-Code OSH or XST style holsters fitting? I know they don't offer it from the factory, but I read somewhere that someone had a Sig p226 MK25 holster (idk what brand) that the Q4 Steel fit in. If that's the case, I can order from G-Code and just get the Sig holster. But I would like someone to verify fitment before I spend the money. Second option that would be ideal (in the style I am looking for) is Safariland.

So basically- anyone get creative and try any of these styles of holsters from a different firearm and have it magically fit the Q4 steel? Long shot. Even longer - anyone know of any holsters that will fit the Q4 Steel with the Surefire XC2? I know everyone is going X300 or TLR, but I really like the XC2 size/look. Unfortunately, I haven't found ANY holsters made to fit the XC2 except Glock holsters :(

Thanks for any help or guidance...

·
Registered
Walther Q4
31 Posts
Hello all,

I just picked up a new Q4 Steel OR - love it, put a Trijicon RMR on it … holster options. This is obviously not an EDC IWB pistol.
Not necessarily a valid assumption - I have a Trijicon RMR on my Q4 SF quite happy in my Tier 1 Concealed Axis Slim (AIWB). Not much luck with the OWB with WML options though. I have a SafariLand for a PDP & TLR7 that ‘almost’ fits, just a couple of mm too high for the locking mechanism to fully engage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply - I probably should add that I am female at 5'3" and 130lbs....so its hard to conceal a pistol the size of the Walther haha. I typically carry a Sig P238 or P938....that's about as big as I feel comfortable wearing all day!

·
Registered
Walther Q4
31 Posts
I probably should add that I am female at 5'3" and 130lbs...
Hah, Walther Pro Tatiana Whitlock carries a PDP AIWB. I’d love to take one of her classes - a matter of training and wardrobe perhaps. Hopefully we both find some more OWB WML options soon.

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
Don't have any SF's. But I do have a P226 and a few holsters, including some Safariland 6360's, with and without a light. Just looking at pictures, the Q4 SF slide looks very much like a PPQ.....and the front of the frame (dust cover) looks pretty close the the size of a PPQ polymer frame. So, I tried sticking a PPQ into those holsters....NO WORKY.

I've read many post about a particular pistol fitting a holster for another brand....and they'd say 'it works'. Yeah, okay.... I also know a guy that stuffed a PPQ into a Ruger LC9 'hybrid'....(kydex front, leather back) and said it fit. So, there ya go. I'd take all those 'hey it fits' with a salt shaker of salt.

I do have some DARA 'duty' holsters for my PPQ's and PDP's. The hangers they use put the gun a little farther out from my side than I like, so I ALWAYS wind up using a Safariland 6070 UBL hanger...doing a little modding to get the pistol a little closer to my side as well as the can't I like and the rotation I like. But these are not for concealed carry and I open carry 99% of the time.

I DO have some 7377 holsters for my Q's and these fit close enough I can actually wear a light jacket of sweatshirt over em' and they conceal nicely.

To my dismay, I don't think Safariland is going to offer a 7377 for the PDP. I hope I'm wrong.

Good luck in your quest to find a holster for your SF.

·
Registered
Walther Q4
31 Posts
You know that Q4SF with mag empty and no red dot weights over 40oz? In comparison, p938 is just about 16oz.
Why you could save another ounce by just carrying a .44 mag derringer!

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is your confidence and accuracy in hitting the target. A lot less perceived recoil on the Q4 allows my dot (and subsequent rounds) to stay on the target.
Carry what you train - the point of the Carry Optics class in USPSA or IDPA. How does that p938 work out there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey now haha. I have the mythical unicorn p938 HD-NI, so technically it’s just over 25oz haha. Stainless frame adds some heft. I had to screenshot the photo so it would upload- sorry
Revolver Gun barrel Trigger Gas Machine

·
Registered
Walther Q4
31 Posts
I have the mythical unicorn p938 HD-NI,
Nice pistol! I’d be interested in hearing your comparison to how it shoots compared to the No steel version. Heavier guns are usually more enjoyable to shoot - I used to add a Thug Plug to the butt of my Glock and a Titanium guide rod just to increase the weight. I went to the range today to compare my Q4SF to my sons PDP. Boy, that extra weight on the Q4 really cuts the amount of recoil you feel. Both are crazy accurate!
Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
So basically- anyone get creative and try any of these styles of holsters from a different firearm and have it magically fit the Q4 steel? Long shot. Even longer - anyone know of any holsters that will fit the Q4 Steel with the Surefire XC2? I know everyone is going X300 or TLR, but I really like the XC2 size/look. Unfortunately, I haven't found ANY holsters made to fit the XC2 except Glock holsters :(

Thanks for any help or guidance...
Have you checked the Wather SF holster site? They have a pretty good list of options.

Also, I have a Drake made by Chip at Renaissance. Give him a call and see if he can set you up with your XC2.

Regards and Happy New Year!! --------------

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you checked the Wather SF holster site? They have a pretty good list of options.

Also, I have a Drake made by Chip at Renaissance. Give him a call and see if he can set you up with your XC2.

Regards and Happy New Year!! --------------
Hey- thanks for the referral to Renaissance. I’ll check them out. I did see the listing from Walthers sight about holsters- but nothing except Dara and Comp-Tac really seemed like what I was looking for.
Upon further investigation- the surefire XC2 doesn’t really even fit on the Q4 SF rails. It feels like it is barely hanging on. I tried on my Wilson Combat EDC X9 and it has the same issue. So that probably helps my holster issue.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
How do you like the EDC-X9? I almost bought one few months ago but decided to fence sit for a while.

I'm not a fan of polymer firearms.

Regards ---------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts