Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great review, I just purchased mine and I love the feel and everything about it. Curious though.... Mine was missing the optics plates. Brand new in the box..... I've heard a few other guys having this issue.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Great review, I just purchased mine and I love the feel and everything about it. Curious though.... Mine was missing the optics plates. Brand new in the box..... I've heard a few other guys having this issue.
My understanding is, Walther stopped including the '3' plates as a cost cutting move. Anyone purchasing one of these 'optic' ready pistols just needs to call Walther and tell them which plate they need. Walther will send the customer '1' plate (free).

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
479-242-8500 EXT 507
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
my ppq m2 q4 tac did not ship with the 3 plates, you have to call Walther customer service and ask for it for free. they shipped it to me within a few days

·
Registered
698 Posts
I guess you did not realize this thread was about the Steel Frame. As of yesterday, there were none for sale.

Does anyone know when they will be available?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good news for those of us waiting on this gun. From the Walther Arms Facebook page today:

"It happened! Look what showed up in our warehouse today! Cases of Walther Q4 Steel Frame models. Standard and Optic Ready models. They will be arriving at your favorite Local Gun Shop and Online retailers shortly."

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd like to get one but I have a Classic Q4 TAC heading my way. I'm really interested in the plate with the integral rear sight. I called Walther CS about it's availability to purchase separately. They aren't sure when it's coming out; perhaps a "few" months out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where do you get one of these puppies? I see one on GB for $1400. That’s a steep premium for a steel frame. Anyone have a good source?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Q4SF came in this afternoon. I was able to put a quick 200 rounds through it before I had to head home. Functioned flawlessly. Accuracy and trigger were just like my PPQ M2. Recoil control is where the steel frame really made the difference...its heavy, but balances beautifully. Between the added weight and the checkering on the front strap/grips, the gun feels like it just sits still in your hand during recoil.

I did some quick holster fitting as well, with my PPQ holsters. My OWB kydex pancake hoslter (can't remember the brand) fits tight, but works. Same goes for my Safariland ALS duty holsters...it works but its a very tight fit.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts