Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gun looks cool. I'm a Walther guy, so I naturally like it. I think those phosphoric sights kind of suck though for that money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The gun looks cool. I'm a Walther guy, so I naturally like it. I think those phosphoric sights kind of suck though for that money.
I'm hoping to pick my Q4 SF today (it's been stuck in background check hell, 3-4 day wait in my state).

I have to agree that for the price you pay on this pistol that the phosphoric sights are pretty lame. For $1300 Walther couldn't get us tritium night sights?

How is a 'carry' gun (and that is the terminology Walther is marketing it with) going to charge the phosphoric sights if it's tucked away under a shirt in a holster?

In any case those lame phosphorics are the reason I went with the optics ready version. Plan on putting an RMR type 2 on there.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I'm hoping to pick my Q4 SF today (it's been stuck in background check hell, 3-4 day wait in my state).

I have to agree that for the price you pay on this pistol that the phosphoric sights are pretty lame. For $1300 Walther couldn't get us tritium night sights?

How is a 'carry' gun (and that is the terminology Walther is marketing it with) going to charge the phosphoric sights if it's tucked away under a shirt in a holster?

In any case those lame phosphorics are the reason I went with the optics ready version. Plan on putting an RMR type 2 on there.
I don't believe tritium sights are legal in Germany, at least for civilians. Perhaps one of our German members will step in if i have that wrong.

So Walther's equipped the guns with the best defensive sights they could under German law.

I guess Walther could ship the guns with plastic dovetail protectors to the US and have Walther Fort Smith swap them out for better sights. Not sure what that does to the cost of an already expensive gun though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I probably should have gotten the OR one, but honestly I'm disappointed that I traded in three other guns to get this one. I'm going see if I can get them back and revise the trade. Waiting to hear back from the owner.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I probably should have gotten the OR one, but honestly I'm disappointed that I traded in three other guns to get this one. I'm going see if I can get them back and revise the trade. Waiting to hear back from the owner.
Why not just put sights on it you like?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the Q4 SF! LGS trying to push the Q5 SF, but I don’t want/need a 5” barrel. So, I’m in the market. Just like Sig P320 X-Five Legion...the guns just feel so much more substantial.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bought Q4 SF on GB Monday. Shipping today Priority to my FFL dealer who only charges 15 for transfer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome timing to visit my LGS today ...they received a Q4 SF, not optic ready, which is exactly the one I wanted. Figured I would leave it to the Q5 SF Pro if/when I pick one up.

Couldn’t be happier...just love this thing! Thought I was going to pull the trigger on the Sig P320 X-Five Legion today which they had been holding for me, but my LGS being a Master Sig Dealer they said they’d have no problem getting more in whereas they didn’t know when they’d get another Q4 SF...even the Q5 SF models are easy(er) to get for them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My Wife just shot her first CO USPSA match with her Q4SF yesterday. I'm glad to report no issues and unfortunately, (or not), she had more A zone hit's than I with my CO Q5SF.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow! That’s good to know.

My plan was to keep the Q4 SF non-OR in the box unfired...I just love the design! Then I would buy a Q5 SF Match (maybe Pro) and fire away!

This might sound crazy but sometimes at various times of the day I just have an urging to pick the darn thing up to look at it, feel it and dry fire it. 😂😂😂

Congrats to your wife!

My Wife just shot her first CO USPSA match with her Q4SF yesterday. I'm glad to report no issues and unfortunately, (or not), she had more A zone hit's than I with my CO Q5SF.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Whatever floats your boat, but I think the chances of it appreciating in value or being an heirloom are quite remote.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts