Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 5" PPQ (M1), but I'm looking to trade it in on either a Q4 or a Q5. I plan on putting an optic on whichever I get.

Don't currently have a suppressor, have no immediate plans to get one, but probably will in the next couple of years. Not a huge issue one way or the other as it would be more a novelty, at least for a Q4.

Given that an extra inch of sight radius doesn't matter because of the optic, is there any particular reason to pick a Q5 over the Q4 (and spend an extra $100+)?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Heyas Philistine! Welcome to the forums! :)

I can honestly say that I'm a real newb when it comes to how suppressors effect gas pressures on pistols. So I'll leave anything about that to those that know.

Since your sight radius is not going to be an issue to be concerned with, the added barrel length would have a few benefits. More weight to help with the recoil impulse. And the longer pipe gives more time with the gases pushing it out, so that you've got a small bit of extra controlled speed behind the bullet when fired. Giving a bit of increase in ballistic results when the bullet impacts, as well as helping to improve the bullet's flight path.

However, the PPQ is already what I myself would consider to be a tournament level pistol in terms of accuracy. So what benefit that you gain from that, "might" not be worth the additional cost, especially if you plan to add upgrades once you purchase.

What follows is purely my opinion and others are more than welcome to correct me, or disagree. But to me, since you are already familiar with the weapon, buy what you can get the best deal on. What you get the most bang for your buck with. Shop around for the best deals that you can find, then compare your options.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I guess you need to decide if it’s worth it to pay $100 an inch. On somethings....it’s a no brainer 🙂

I have a Q5. Your comment about sight radius with a red dot is valid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.