Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PPQ M2 as a carry gun, but wanted a PPQ set up as a range gun so I could shoot it in some local competitions if I wanted. My triggers are left factory and my 2 are pretty much identical. I put a Venom on the Q4 and screwed on a TBRI compensator since the threaded barrel looked lonely. This gun shoots amazingly well. I shoot a 9mm 1911 with a red dot for competition and really like them. However, shot my Q4 back to back with a 1911 today and I shoot the Walther as well as the big, steel gun. It’s just so easy to shoot well. With the comp on it the Q4 has just a little more recoil and muzzle rise than the 1911, but not much, and it’s a pound lighter. I just read a review of the FN 509 and they made it sound like the best pistol ever, but I can’t fathom any other striker fired gun being better than my Walthers. Just wanted to share with the group what great guns these are.
Jeff

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cool. I look forward to the day when I bring my own eventual Q4 Tac home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, sorry for stupid question, can I ask how did you mount Venom red dot on Q4? I haven't found Vortex mount yet. Did you use one of the factory mounts or you made one yourself?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mounted it using the Docter plate that came with the Q4. To mount the Venom onto the plate I went to the hardware store and bought screws as none of them supplied by Vortex worked. Very straightforward.
Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, thanks!
Update 20.9.2018 - my Docter plate has finally arrived, so I mounted the Venom, with screws I got with the PPQ (there were 2 on the gun and 2 ina bag with hex wrench etc.), so I didn't need any additional screws.
But I'm not completely happy, because I also bought Apex flat trigger and can't install it, because the bloody slide stop will not come off, no matter how hard I hit it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts