Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a Q4 on the way and I'm trying to decide if I want to come up with a rear sight along with a red dot.

Has anyone had their slide cut to put a rear sight in front of the red dot? Is there enough room?

I know the red dots have gotten better, but I still would be more comfortable with irons if the red dot failed.

And yes I know I can get a Deltapoint and add rear sight to it.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I'd start with Mark Housel from L&M Precision Gunworks.

I know he's done a few standard 4" PPQ pistols before the Q4 or Q5 were announced. But on those pistols, the rear sight was mounted in front of the red dot sight. I'm assuming that it was because there was not much slide left behind the red dot to work it in there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Depending on the red dot, you may be able to use just a suppressor height front sight and use the ring of the red dot like an aperture or in my case with a Vortex Venom a .410 front sight rests just above the bottom of the red dot window and works almost like a shotgun bead. Precision sight no, good enough for center mass at 10 yards, yep.

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
I've got Shield 'red dots' on a few pistols. Love em'. The rear housing is notched, like a built in rear sight. These sights, when used with the Shield 'low mount' plate, allow you to use the stock height front sight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got Shield 'red dots' on a few pistols. Love em'. The rear housing is notched, like a built in rear sight. These sights, when used with the Shield 'low mount' plate, allow you to use the stock height front sight.

How they holding up? I assume since you have several very well.

I ask because a quick google search brings up a couple different places that say the lenses scratches easily

·
Premium Member
13,869 Posts
Morning Nick. All mine are holding up just fine. No scratches yet either, but I've not tried to scratch em' either. Just use proper care when cleaning the lens. I typically start with a little shot of compressed air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts