1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I treated myself with a Walther Q4 SF for Christmas
I ordered it with the dynamic trigger
Great balance, ergonomics and the trigger is really nice!
So today I took the Q4 and my Sig p210 to the range
I do target shooting with my p210(bullseye style)
One hand unsurpported
I wanted to try the Q4 as well to see how it stands with precision target shooting
Well after doing sight adjustment,I have to say that it really does a good job
I do need to go back and shoot some more!
The first picture is the Q4 the second one is the p210
Bullseye is a about 2.25" across
Distance was 32 feet
Font Circle Symmetry Pattern Art
Font Circle Design Stock photography Pattern

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice shootin. How is the weight? Do you think with the right holster, it's realistic for EDC?
Thanks!

As far as EDC,it's going to be heavy
I myself don't like to be weighted down
I carry a Ruger LCP and I'm good with that
So if you have the right holster and don't mind the weight I guess it could work
Personally,I would look at a polymer style pistol if you want a standard size

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks!

As far as EDC,it's going to be heavy
I myself don't like to be weighted down
I carry a Ruger LCP and I'm good with that
So if you have the right holster and don't mind the weight I guess it could work
Personally,I would look at a polymer style pistol if you want a standard size
My current rotation is a Gen 5 G26 or a new P99 AS. As much as I love Walther, the Glock is easier to manage depending on what I'm wearing.
Still have a PPS M2 which beats both on comfort but just don't carry it as much. (No real reason)

I keep watching reviews on the Q4 SF; trying to talk myself into it. :cool:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice shooting. How do you feel the trigger on the Q4 compares to the hammer fired P210? Do you think with more practice and familiarity you could get your (already very good) groups with the Q4 as good as the P210?

... Do you think with the right holster, it's realistic for EDC?
Absolutely not OR sure, why not.

Q4SF size and weight is very similar to carrying a 5" or 4.25" 1911. You fill find no shortage of folks who will tell you a 1911 is a perfect carry weapon for them and the weight isn't even a bother with a proper holster. I think that's fair and from that perspective the Q4SF is a realistic EDC. No reason it can't be carried.

For my own purposes, I dissent and think that a 40oz pistol is far too heavy to be practical. YMMV.

PDP 4" compact gives you all the same features as the Q4SF without weighing you down like a boat anchor. Shoots 90-99+% as good as the Q4SF and in a 'hits the fan' kind of moment your training/technique is more likely to be the determining factor in defending yourself. I don't think the weight of the Q4SF provides enough improvement in accuracy/follow-ups at typical defensive ranges/situations that it justifies the weight.

IMO Q4SF is a better candidate for range/sporting gun, BBQ gun or home defense gun. Those are the situations where the weight and quality of the pistol really shine through.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
There's two tricks to EDCing full-size/all metal/heavy handguns.

The first one is easy.
Carry a few back-up mags (that closely match the loaded handgun and holster weight) opposite the firearm.
Ex; Gun at 4, mags at 10.

The 2nd one is harder.
Be a relatively tall person who maintains a healthy weight and active lifestyle.

I carried a P227 for a few years, then switched to a PPQ45.

Reactions: Jwillis123

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice shooting. How do you feel the trigger on the Q4 compares to the hammer fired P210? Do you think with more practice and familiarity you could get your (already very good) groups with the Q4 as good as the P210?

So the trigger on the Q4 is nice but not as lite as the p210
I think there maybe a way to adjust the trigger weight on the Q4
If not I will need to practice with it and see how well I can shoot it
Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
I also have the Q4 with Performance trigger. I love the weight. The only reason I’m not carrying it now is that is won’t fit in any of my kydex PPQ holsters. I’ve yet to find a holster that it will fit in, other than an old nylon non-specific holster that I once used for a Halloween costume. The frame is wider than the PPQ.

I placed Trijicon PPS-style sights on mine and they’re perfect for a combat sight picture. As soon as I find a decent holster, it’ll be my go-to carry gun.
Gadget Audio equipment Font Bumper Rectangle

·
Registered
Walther Q4
54 Posts
As soon as I find a decent holster, it’ll be my go-to carry gun.
TierOne Concealed makes an AIWB for the Q4 SF, believe it’s the Axis Slim. Works with an RDS, though I’d like to find one that accommodates a Streamlight TLR7 WML as well. Dara and Urban Carry both make OWB holsters (klydex and leather respectively).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts