Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to carry my PPQ Q4. I have a TBRC compensator on the front and it currently wears a Vortex Venom. I want to put a Shield RMSc on it and cowitness. I believe I need to buy the Shield low mount optic plate. Questions.

1-is there anyplace to buy the Shield optic plate other than Shield?
2-will the supplied optic plate from Walther for the DPP work with the RMSc? I realize it probably won't co-witness.
2-which OWB holsters will this fit in?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Okay.

1. Not to my knowledge.
2. Pretty sure it won't.
3. Not a clue. You'll probably need to contact some holster makers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I would suggest taking the Venom off if you’re planning on using it for EDC. I have one on my Q5 but it’s a range gun. It’s a decent sight but the lack of a “Shake awake” feature is a deal breaker for me. Plus I’m not sure it’s tough enough to hang on an EDC pistol.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses! I would not carry it with the Vortex on it. I have several on range only guns, but don't consider it carry worthy. Guess I'll pony up for the Shield plate from England. Hope we're still importing stuff from there.
My primary carry gun is a straight up 4" PPQ M2, but would like the option to carry the Q4. I will be in touch with some holster makers and let you know what I find out.
Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
You might give DARA a call or send em' an email.

Here's a Dara holster specifically for the PPQ Q4 Tac. The holster is cut to allow for the optic and the muzzle end is extended to cover the threaded barrel. Their hanger does seem to place the pistol a little farther from the hip than I like, so I did what I always do, I did a little redneck engineering....I adapted a Safariland UBL holster hanger.

Here's the 4" in the Dara holster.

And here's the 4" in one of my holsters....they work better for concealment, but also are fine for open carry.

Here's a 'selfie' of me with the 5". Thg image is reversed, as the gun is actually at 2:30. Again, it works great for open carry, or I can leave the shirt tail untucked and its invisible.....not to mention, comfortable. In addition, I love the fact that the 'whole' gun is protected, including the optic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what I ended up doing, ordered from England. I couldn't find it anywhere else. There was one for auction on eBay but it sold while I was doing further searches. I ordered it from Shield a week ago. Three days after placing the order I received an email update with tracking info, not too bad in our current situation.

Though I've heard some bad things about Optics Planet, I found that they had the Shield RMSc and found a coupon code that gave me 10% off, so I went for it. Their website does have a warning that their processing/shipping times will be delayed as they have quite a backlog. Ordered a week ago, just today received an email update that it should ship in 7-18 days.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As far as holsters go, you might try a Dara 4" PPQ holster "flush cut" at the muzzle. I've attached a few pictures of mine, which is made for a Streamlight TLR-1, with my 5" PPQ, and I got a couple bonus shots in there for you with a TBRCI compensator! (I don't have a Q4 to put it on just yet.) The comp catches at the corners, but not by much. I think you could take a dremel or a file to the corners of the holster and be good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
RMS

I don't have an RMSc. All of mine are the RMS mounted to the Shield 'low mount' plate.

Here ya go.

It's narrower than I thought. I had gotten it in my head that it needed to be the RMSc to be that small.

So, that's the type you use across the board?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Though I've heard some bad things about Optics Planet, I found that they had the Shield RMSc and found a coupon code that gave me 10% off, so I went for it. Their website does have a warning that their processing/shipping times will be delayed as they have quite a backlog. Ordered a week ago, just today received an email update that it should ship in 7-18 days.
Every online business that deals with firearms/parts is behind on shipping, because people are losing their minds at the moment. Never the less I sent a order over to Optics Planet on 3/26/20 and it shipped on 3/31/20.
I’ve never had any issues with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Every online business that deals with firearms/parts is behind on shipping, because people are losing their minds at the moment. Never the less I sent a order over to Optics Planet on 3/26/20 and it shipped on 3/31/20.
I’ve never had any issues with them.
Yeah, I totally understand the current situation. Thanks for sharing your experience. Gives me reassurance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts