Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still being fairly new to the gun world, I decided to check out a local gunshow today. I happened to come across a Walther P990 with a titanium slide chambered for 9mm. It appeared to be in good condition and was listed as near mint on the tag. I looked it over a few times and I couldn't see anything physically wrong with it.

Was this a good deal at $365? I know the P990 isn't available anymore, and it seemed like something I couldn't pass up because it had the finish and triggertype that I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
$365 is a GREAT deal. Does it actually say "Titanium Coated" on the side? If so, please post pics as I was under the impression that there were no P990s with "Titanium Coated" slides, only the QPQ model, which is the silver slide Tennifer coated Quench-Polish-Quenched model.

Although I'll have to say, the P990 is more of a collector for me because the trigger pull gets very tiring quickly.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my 990 today, but I haven't had a chance to fire it. It doesn't say Titanium-Coated on the side, extremist.

There are a few dings in the finish on the slide, but overall, the gun looks like it is in great shape. I'm going to clean it before I shoot it to check out the condition of the internals.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It is a QPQ then, nice find though.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts