Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got an email from one of my dealers today and in it they listed their new stuff. One of the new things was the Walther P22. Having shot one of my coworkers many a time I wanted to see it and maybe buy it.

So I went down, checked it out, and bought it. $277 before all the fees and what not. It's an all-black all German proofed NIB "AF" date code with an "L" serial number. From what I have read it seems that the 2005 and 2006 models are pretty darn good so even though it's an "L" I'm not worried.

It'll go great with my P990.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You have one of the newer ones, I'm sure they have added all of the latest little improvements on it... There are a couple of sites you might want to read however. Just for a little more information, you might find them interesting:

RmfireCentral
AR15.com Walther

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I sure enjoy mine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah after I came home I did some reading and looks like I'll be in good shape. I found several people with '05s like mine and all were reporting that they were working 100%. Someone even claimed to have spoken with Walther and was told that the 05 and 06 are identical (but who knows what the truth is).

Only way to know will be to put a few hundred rounds through her in a week and a half. It's a birthday present to myself...I can't wait!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Happy Birthday!
My Birthday is coming up too! Except I've been buying bullets, so a new gun will have to wait, darn it!
At least I'll be able to shoot what I have...

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Not to rub it in or anything, but does the "CA" on the slide refer to some stupid PRK code or acceptance test?

Just wondering.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The CA models have a fixed barrel nut.....so you can't attach a suppressor.....
Walther had to do that to make the gun CA legal....so I would assume that it reffers to that....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ May 17 2006,11:49)]The CA models have a fixed barrel nut.....so you can't attach a suppressor.....
Walther had to do that to make the gun CA legal....so I would assume that it reffers to that....
It does indeed. It has a fixed barrel nut without grooves for a wrench, and the barrel nut and barrel are both fixed in place with green loctite (models already in CA were treated with red loctite just on the barrel nut as I understand it, new manufactured guns have green). This is due to the adapters that came out to allow silencers to be attached, thus making the regular P22 an "assault weapon" in California (the statute for rifles refers only to centerfire weapons but for pistols it's any pistol that can take a silencer, among other things, regardless of centerfire or rimfire).

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
And to think one of my buddies is voluntarily moving there to enjoy his retirement. Wow.

Thanks for the info. Learn something every day.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't have come back to this state if it weren't for the job they offered me...I tried to get a job in the midwest/back-east but this is where life brought me.

Well, I took the P22 out today to the range, FINALLY!!! She shot great, I put close to 200 rounds through it, had 3 FTFs, one in the second mag and two in the fourth (my girlfriend's son was trying it, he's only 9 and was limp wristing it a bit, first time shooting a pistol), after that it was fine. I was impressed with how cool it stayed through rapid fire, the P990 heats up quite a lot by comparison. I was also surprised with how much smoke I was getting from the muzzle, but I guess that's a function of the .22LR being not a very clean burning round (but then I never noticed that out of my rifle).

I shot mostly Federal hollowpoint and Remington Golden bullet bulk, and one mag of CCI Minimags. All in all I am very much pleased with my purchase

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a P22 as well. Haven't shot it yet but will soon. (I wish my local gun store offered free range with gun purchsae but it's only discounted.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts