Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nocturnal @ Oct. 26 2004,11:59)]As she gets used to it and sees that the kids won't know it's there and can't possibly get access it'll turn into a home defense weapon.
Be carefull. Kid's know more than you think they do. They will know it's there. The best thing to do (IMHO) is to take your kids shooting with you. Get it out of their system and teach them safe gun handling. You may want to take a watermellon or apple or water jug and shoot at it. When it explodes, explain to your kids that this is what a bullet can do to your head. This is why you never touch a gun unless you are with Mom or Dad.

Anyway, congratulations. Let us know more when you get to shoot it.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Start saving your money to buy a P22. Then you can take your son to the range in a couple more years and he'll have a little P99 to be like daddy.

Seriously. I started some of my kids shooting when they were 5. All kids are different, so results will vary. But my oldest, who's now 10, is a heck of a shot and he knows not to touch any of my guns unless he asks.

I still want to hear your report when you get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.