Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased Altamont grips for my Ft Smith and they fit wonderfully with a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of sanding. The side with the decocker fit without any modification at all. But on the other side, at the bottom of the cutout on the frame there is a tiny little tab that will require you to sand a spot out for it on the back of the grip. I should have taken pictures of the frame to show you guys, but it’s late and I don’t feel like taking them back off for pics of the grip mod and frame. I do, though, have some pictures of them installed.

The grips look and feel fantastic and I can’t wait to take it to the range.

JBjr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Good to know.

I assumed they would to begin with seeing at the new Walther PPK(/S) looks identical to the Smith & Wesson models, but looks can be deceiving.

Altamont grips are just about the best American-made grips for the price. I have a pair of Altamont Super Rosewood grips on my S&W PPK/S.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These grips look way more expensive than $35. Makes me wonder why Hogue charges so much for theirs.

It's also nice to support a company in the corrupt, gun- hating state of Illinois. Altamont probably won't be here (in Illinois) much longer.

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Does Hogue carve their grips out of solid wood? I ask because most of the grips offered by Altamont are Birchwood laminate, (unless specified otherwise) so it could be that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked it up and, yes, all the woods are birch laminate. I didn't know that until now. I guess that answers why they're so affordable. They look great despite that though and I plan on keeping them on my PPK/S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree with all above. VERY slight filing required on bottom left. Got some for a Colt Commander too. Perfect fit there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts