Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with this? I never noticed THAT before. What does it mean, unproven or proven?? :confused:

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the left hand side of the page, just under your post count is a small rectangular icon that glows green or dull gray. If you hover your cursor over it it will say "tomovich unproven" or something else. Check it out.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Oh - that is the reputation score.

On everyone's posts - there is a tiny scale symbol. When someone posts something good - U can give them a reputation point.

The thing U are talking about is the lack of reputation points. I don't think most people even know about this yet.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I do, I do :D :rolleyes:

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well hell's bells..........I should get a point just for noticing it and bringing it up!!!

;-)

Reactions: RCK and uncut

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay but what do reputation points do for you? At the end of the year the person with the most points wins a new P22 or P5?:rolleyes:
I was kind of thinking the same thing...............I noticed that K-Var has added this feature to their website now and it struck me as a tad "different".

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I was kind of thinking the same thing...............I noticed that K-Var has added this feature to their website now and it struck me as a tad "different".
It is a feature of the software. We have it turned off at Handgun Forum. But I have been a member at other forums where we all tried to out do each other with points.

I think for all the P99s I have sold, I should have some points :p

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I looked at my profile - it looks like I have 5 points - yet at the total, it shows 0. I think something's messed up...

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't even see "points" when I look at my profile. Where are you guys seeing this?

I'm not feelin' the love here...............

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Tomovich

there is a square under your post count.... put your cursor over it ......

·
Patron
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tomovich

there is a square under your post count.... put your cursor over it ......
That's the one I was originally talking about. Right on the left of every post? I thought you guys were saying there was something seperate in the PROFILE section. Maybe I misunderstood.

·
Registered
555 Posts
What's up with this? I never noticed THAT before. What does it mean, unproven or proven?? :confused:
Glad this was brought up.

The reputation system is designed to enable any community using this bulletin board software to regulate itself. If someone is an upstanding community member, and contributes good posts, the reputation points go up as assigned by the other members of the board. If someone is an asshat, you have the ability to deduct reputation points from that person. It's strictly voluntary.

Those points are not visible to anyone but the recipient, so you'll know who gave you reputation points, and for what post or thread. We've assigned a "cute" scheme to the points, so that as you climb the ladder of reputation, your 'caliber' goes in this order: .22, .380, .9mm, .40, and so on. This can be changed, though, if you think it's too hokey.

Using this method, everyone on the board can assess and monitor what constitutes appropriate behavior and set our own standards of conduct, and it also lightens the load on the moderators who will not have to be the "heavy" and reprimand any given user.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
We've assigned a "cute" scheme to the points, so that as you climb the ladder of reputation, your 'caliber' goes in this order: .22, .380, .9mm, .40, and so on. This can be changed, though, if you think it's too hokey.

HEHHE
I like that.... when am I going to be a .50 BMG :D

G

·
I looked at my profile - it looks like I have 5 points - yet at the total, it shows 0. I think something's messed up...
ShipWreck - I'm still a junior member so if things don't work correctly I blame
myself. The thing that's messed up for me is I can't find how to become a supporting member such as yourself. Any advice for a newie?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts