Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the first time I saw a P99 compact in person was in the spring of 2006. I picked up my full size P99 in the fall of 2006, and have always wanted a P99c to go with it.

Well now, 13 years later, I finally got one.

Both my full size and the new compact P99 are AS .40 S&W models. I have a Jarvis .40 to 9mm conversion barrel for the full size, and will probably pick one up for the compact too.

I was lucky to find the P99C on sale for $300 thanks to a post here on the forum, and I couldn’t resist.

The magazine extensions are readily available right now, so I picked up 2 from Amazon to use with my full size magazines.

I haven’t had a chance to head out to the range yet, but just having it in hand is still immensely satisfying.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Outside of my P5 it is my favorite carry gun.

Seriously, you carry a P5? But, wait, it isn't striker-fired, it isn't polymer, it lacks a trigger dongle, and it is "only" a single-stack pistol, putting you at a major firepower disadvantage during, say, the siege of Fallujah. ;)

Reactions: Thinkology

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Seriously, you carry a P5? But, wait, it isn't striker-fired, it isn't polymer, it lacks a trigger dongle, and it is "only" a single-stack pistol, putting you at a major firepower disadvantage during, say, the siege of Fallujah. ;)

I’m a rebel. :cool:

Reactions: p99cc

·
Registered
124 Posts
Which proves my point from another post. The 9mm P99’s never went below $339, & they are all gone. Not many people want 40’s now, so the price dropped even lower. At work, we have tons of 40’s, & they are slow movers. We buy entire lots of surplus 40’s from LE, & they are difficult to sell, even at great prices. So if you are a fan of the 40, it’s a great time to buy, but you are a rare breed. By the way, all the PD’s that got rid of their 40’s, switched to 9mm. GARY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.