Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the gun-scene myself but have never been averse to them. My wife was apprehensive when I said I wanted to buy a pistol for fun and self defense but eventually agreed to it. I had already asked her if she wanted to go shooting one day but nothing ever came of it. So a few weeks ago she suggested that next time we had a baby sitter we'd go shooting!

Well, that was yesterday and she did great! Put a whole bunch of .40s through the paper at 7 and 10M distances. At first she was put of by the noise of someone shooting a .45 a few lanes down but thankfully she persisted.

We had already practiced the basics at home with dummy ammo and she stuck to the rules real well. She kept the gun pointed down range at all times and after a few reminders put her trigger finger in register when appropriate.

I completed the NRA basic pistol class only a few months ago so that helped me to stick to the basics with the instruction. Not like I'm an expert or anything, of course.

So now I'm confident that she can safely handle the gun and firr it if needed. We'll go do this more often. Who knows, maybe she'll want one of her own

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're lucky. My girlfriend cant even control my 9mm properly. She stovepipes it almost every time I let her shoot two clips.

Fortunately, her heart is still set on a P22.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, and before anyone gets any ideas, my wife is 5'4" and lightly built. She watches all the usual cop shows though so maybe that peaked her interst in trying it herself.

When I showed her a gorgeous SOCOM 16 (Springfield shorty M14) in the display case she didn't right away say 'sure honey' so there's some work left to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts