Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone take a couple of pics of what parts of the slide assembly they would take apart and service, scrub with soft platic bristle brush or metal brush, what assemblies to oil, etc? I've got Hoppe's #9 and patches, etc. This is my first gun, and I really like it a lot. I just want to make sure that I'm getting the important parts. A picture of the polymer frame, with some arrows on it, and a caption that says oil here, here, & here would suffice. I am anal when it somes to my toys, and this will be no exception. Help definately appreciated.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Your manual shows you how to break down the slide. It's really very easy to do. The manual says after every 1000 rounds it needs to be disassembled to clean it thoroughly, but I do it after every shoot. If you don't have a manual you can down load a PDF manual on line.

As far as lubrication, just a little high quality grease like Tetra is fine on the rails. A good oil like CLP can be used on the other moving parts... Not too much, as it should not drip or run...

Every one has "their" special way, and probably very few of them are wrong...

My favorite way of cleaning is with WD40 and a tooth brush, followed by a thorough blast from my air compressor. Then I lube... Some people flake out by the shear mentioning of WD40, but I use it as a solvent, as it was designed, not as a lubricant...

Do it a few times and you'll develop your own "special" technique...

·
Registered
38 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ April 01 2005,4:33)]My favorite way of cleaning is with WD40 and a tooth brush, followed by a thorough blast from my air compressor. Then I lube... Some people flake out by the shear mentioning of WD40, but I use it as a solvent, as it was designed, not as a lubricant...
thats exactly the way i clean all of my weapons. then one drop of mobile 1 15w40 in each slide rails, and a little on the barrel lug and places where there is metal to metal contact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts