Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the Koln Proof House stamp on the P.22 instead of the Ulm Proof House stamp? Since the pistol carries the Ulm address, I wonder if it was assembled at another Walther facility and the Koln Proof House was nearest?

Anyone know about this?

Abwehr

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have received information on my original question concerning the proof stamp on the P.22. A friend, and Walther expert in Germany, provided me with this information and I wanted to share with everyone.

"all P 22s are made and proofed in Arnsberg/Sauerland, which is the major seat of Umarex, who now own Walther/Ulm. I had a lengthy discussion with Walther because of the fact the proofing is not done in Ulm (with the traditional Ulm "antler"). But out of financial reasons, they decided against a proof by the Ulm proof house - although all P22s are made in Arnsberg, then sent to Ulm, checked through there again and sold from there. The Walther/Umarex sales management is situated in Arnsberg though."

Abwehr

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It seems like I read somewhere that the Koln proof house actually delt with all .22lr caliber guns also. This may be another reason. Or maybe that was the Kiel proof house. I don't know. What your friend said sounds good to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought this was very interesting, but with the UMEREX group owning Walther, they use the most economical methods. I was also surprised that the P.22 was not made in Ulm, but Arnsberg. Anyway, I am glad it is a German made pistol.

Abwehr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts