Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the limited edition 007 P99 JB 9 in my collection. I know that not all 1000 of the pistols were produced due to a licensing disagreement between United Artists and Walther. I would appreciate feed-back from any members who might know how many of the 9x19mm pistols were actually produced and distributed.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link uncut. I appreciate it. I saw that web page a while back ago. He makes reference to the .40 caliber version, but does not speak of the 9mm model.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
James is a Member on this forum... aka extremist.....
maybe you can send him a email and you guys can talk "HMSS" P99 talk.....
also you may want to call Earl's.... maybe now that some time passed he will talk more freely about it....

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one of the Series II HMSS Editions in 40SW, not sure about the numbers for the Series I 9mm though.

Rick - Looking at your signature I noticed you list two. Do you have a Series I and II?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JEnglish,

Yes I have both of the models; MI6 and 007 JB9 pistols. I paired both of them with consecutive numbered B&T Impuls II A's. I will have to get a digital camera sometimes so that I can post pictures.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lucky SOB! :cool:

You must post a photo of the two with cans when you have access to a digital camera. I am wanting to get a can for my 9mm, but haven't got off my ass to do anything about it. I wouldn't mind one for my P22 either.

When I bought my MI6, the distributor told my friend (gun shop clerk) that they had 50 of them. I wanted to get two, but they told him that they were sell them one per state. So I bought the one. I wish I could of found one in 9mm, but as you know they are not easy to come by.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have never seen a JB Series II 9mm pistol in the US. I don't have numbers, but I believe Earl told me there are less that a dozen of the Series II in the USA. As far as the original JB series, I think Earl told me he imported about 100 of the 9mm and 25 of the .40S&W.

But you could email him and ask him.

I currently have the two of the first edition 9mm Original JB MI6 Series and 1 of the .40 JBII series. I am always on the lookout for a JB II 9mm :D

James

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. I had a strong feeling that the JB II in 9x19mm is rare. I really enjoy having both the series I and II in my collection. They are definitely ranked as my favorites.

Rick

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have never seen a JB Series II 9mm pistol in the US. I don't have numbers, but I believe Earl told me there are less that a dozen of the Series II in the USA. As far as the original JB series, I think Earl told me he imported about 100 of the 9mm and 25 of the .40S&W.

But you could email him and ask him.

I currently have the two of the first edition 9mm Original JB MI6 Series and 1 of the .40 JBII series. I am always on the lookout for a JB II 9mm :D

James

Hi guys!

What?s the difference between first edition 9mm Original JB MI6 Series and JB II 9mm?

And what?s the difference between MI6 and 007 JB9?

What does JB9 stand for? 9mm?

I would be grateful if someone could help me out!

I recently bought a P99 HMSS 9x19 and I will put out some photos later so maybe you could tell me what version I have!

Regards

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Very easy to tell the difference by the S/N. Original JB HHMS P99s had a 6 digit S/N. The second series had a JBx at the end were 9 = 9mm and 4 = .40S&W.

RickZJ is one lucky guy to have one of each caliber from each series. As I've said before, I've never seen a 9mm JB Series II pistol up for sale. And very few .40s (less than a half dozen).

I have no clue on numbers because Walther pretty much denies they exist (Deiter Marschal would never answer my question on them) and Earl told me he sent all of his back (don't know if I believe him) ;)

Regards,
James

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Since we are talking HMSS. Here is some info for the ones that keep record of the special runs ......
there are going to be three P99's imported to the US that have the "HMSS" slide marking on them and also personal names laser edged onto the slide. These are going to be for Ruger employees. Why or for what I am not 100% but I saw them and these are "factory" Walther if they should ever show up on any gunboard or auction site ..........

now something for the rumour mill
I was told that the JBII P99's were pulled due to a Video that was suppose to be send out with the P99's and not the markings on the P99
which in a way would make sense since there was mention of the license disagreements....however it would not explain why the entire guns was pulled

1 - 12 of 12 Posts