Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, so if I mess anything up, I'm sorry, but here goes. I bought a brand new Walther ppk/s .380 auto manufactured by Smith and Wesson last year. Ever since I received it, it was great! Very accurate and easy to handle. But, after the first few weeks of taking it to the range, it began to malfunction a lot. One of my problems was in would not fire in double action mode. Single action was fine, but the hammer would not travel all the way back and the trigger "slipped" in DA. Another problem was that the trigger bar would catch the slide when reassembling after cleaning. Well, I decided to send it back and have it repaired, no problem. After getting it back, I immediately headed for the range. The same problems were still there on the first shot, nothing was repaired. So, a second time I sent it back and recieved it again. It worked great! Then, after coming home and cleaning it, I was moving the gun and did nothing but graze the trigger with my hand and could feel the trigger slip. So, not one of the best things to do...I know, I decided to dry fire. Again, the same problem of not firing in DA mode, but the slide problem was fixed. So now I'm thinking of sending it back again. Will it ever be repaired? What should I do, should I ask for it to be replaced, ask for my money back, ask for it to be repaired again, or take it back to the store which I bought it from, or something else? This is really making my first pistol buying experience horrible
! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Taylor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not a pleasant experience. When I'm shooting my PP, quite often the hammer doesn't stay cocked, so I have to fire the next shot DA.

But that's quite different from your problem.

Did you see my picture of the cocking piece? Can you post a simular one, but showing the entire trigger bar?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'd certainly try to get it replaced, but at least send it back until they fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just it, it's been sent back almost three times for the same problem, how am I supposed to know that it's not gonna be the same way when I get it back? Is there any way they will replace it with a new weapon?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think I would try calling and talking to some one about this over and over repair.
I would then send it back and hope person I talked with would see its done right this time..
PPK/S are great pistols even the S&W ones This isn't the norm . Don't give up  you want fixed or a new pistol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to ask them to replace it I guess. I do have a question. The ejection port is all scratched up where it has the caliber number. Is there any way I can prevent this in the future?

·
Registered
821 Posts
same deal here, just keep it lubed, and it is likely to not get any worse as the two surfaces wear on each other during cycling.

-stunks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts