Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've had my P99 .40S&W for 3 weeks now, and I've been having problems with my magazines. First time I took my gun to a range one of the magazine's plastic part toward the bottom broke off while shooting. 2 weeks later, the second magazine's plastic part broke off again during shooting.

Is this a common problem with P99 magazines?

PS. I have taken good care of everything; magazines were never dropped or mishandled in any way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have seen this before. Someone over at sigfourms.com had a similar problem. I'll see if I can find the post and find out if he had a soultion/reason this was happening.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Usually Mec-Gar makes top-quality stuff.
I have 7 10 round magazines for my P99 9mm with the same style base, that I treat like crap. I drop them in the dirt, onto concrete, into the rocks, I don't clean them. They have not had any problems at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bingo
Here is the link.
Seems like it might be a problem with the .40 Mec-Gar mags, as this guy had the same thing happen to him on BOTH mags.
I would call Walther USA about this ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link. I will call Walther on Monday. I won't be able to use my P99 till replacement magazines arrive

·
Registered
75 Posts
Heat:
Please post a follow up report as to what Walther USA has to say and what the problem was/is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Smith&Wesson repair center, although they wouldn't elaborate on how often this problem occurs, but they did offer to have them replaced or send me new floor plates.

I think I'll choose to have them replaced and ask for an extra floor plate
. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts