Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of meprolight sights on my P99c 40 cal. The pistol now shoots about 10-12 in too high at 15-25 yards and there is no adjustment,, has any1 else experienced this issue ? The problem seems to be the front sight is too low and the rear sight is taller than standard,,, Why wouldnt Kimber test this product for accuracy,, Me and 2 other instructors shot the pistol with the same outcome so i know it was just my aiming

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one other question i forgot.. I know there are 2 different sets of meprolight sights one for Full size and the compact,, i have heard the difference is in height of sight does anyone know the true difference,,,,,,,, If the full size front site were taller this would solve my issue4

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Why not call Kimber or send them an email. They may be able to help. Earl may have a suggestion too.

I use to run into this problem with other guys shooting SAAs and fixed sights. Only thing you could do was file or add to the front sight, some filed out the rear notch....before I would do anything else I would ask what weight bullet are you using? I have found that heavier bullets shoot higher due to recoil effects and lighter bullets shoot flatter for same reason. Get yourself a box of lighter grain bullets and see what that does. After that the only thing I can tell you is that you will have to look into getting some different sights. :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Jake,, im going to call them on Monday morning,, Right now im using winchester 180 gr,,, maybe ill go a little lower and see what happens

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally talked to kimber,, there going to send a taller front sight,, Hopefully this does it,, I would also like to add that the difference between tHE p99C and the p99 meprolight sights are the front ramp is taller on the P99. The ramp is the same.:)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
good to hear they are taking care of you.....
let us know how it goes with the new front sight post

·
Registered
536 Posts
Kevin - i'd be interested in hearing how it works out.

I have a fullsized P99, but i use the shortest front post that came with it and my POA is exactly where i want it. If Kimber's sights come in different heights, i'd like to know if possibly i should order 99C sights instead of the regulars.

hm.

thorn

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do guys,, i shpuld be hitting the range this weekend,, ill get back to you with the results

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No more high hits

Well,, I made it to the range over the weekend and the taller front sight did it'' At 15 yds it was grouping 2.25 in target, im a happy camper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts