Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I picked up my brand new Walther PPK/S this afternoon and bumped into a little problem. I saw the link to this forum over on AR15.com so I figured you guys would be the people to ask.

Basically, I picked up the handgun and got it home. It was covered in a good amount of grease from the factory so the first thing I did was remove the slide to clean off the grease. When I removed the slide I felt something hit the floor, so I looked around and found that the slide catch lever had fallen completely off. I did not hear a spring shoot off or anything, but it may have. I called up the 1-800 number in the book and they are shipping a new spring out to me now.

My question is this, is the spring the only thing that holds the slide catch lever in place or could I possibly be missing more than just a spring? Everything seems to function fine, although there seems to be a good amount of play in the trigger. Since I don't have another PPK/S to compare it to I wanted to get all of your opinions. Should I just wait and get the spring, or should I send the whole thing back to the factory to have them figure it out?

Thanks for your help guys,

Don

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's bizzarre. I'm not sure about the new S&W made PPK/S's, but I'll check my PPK when I get home. If memory serves me right, I thought the bar connected to the trigger pin or someplace close to it.

Did the bar look broken?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't appear broken. Again, I am not all that familiar with the peice in the first place. I will take some photos tonight and post them.

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys,

Well, I got the spring in from Walther/S&W today and it fixed the problem. Turns out the spring is the only thing holding the slide catch lever in place in the PPK/S, and it does a good job of it when installed properly. I launched it accross the room three or four times before getting it seated properly.

I am pleased that they didn't give me any hassle about sending me the spring, and never even asked for a serial number. Kudos to them

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts