Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When firing my new QA, about every mag one round will chamber but the striker will not reset.  So here I am with a live round in the chamber and the cannot be fired unless I partially rack the slide.  Called Walther and they said I just needed to clean the pistol better.  B S!  The gun is clean I tell them.  Sent it back to them.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've got around 5K through mine (.40 S&W) and I haven't experienced that problem. A friend of mine has almost 2K through his (9mm) and hasn't experienced the problem. -I've never heard of this before.

-I look forward to hearing what they say the problem was after they inspect it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have not seen this happen with my QA.

I am inclined to think it is a problem with the gun, i.e., the striker failing to stay partially cocked. However, I would do as Walther suggests. Clean the gun and try again. If the problem recurs, return the gun to Walther for service. (Since the gun is new, ask Walther to pay the return shipping charges.) If it is happening once per mag, Walther should have no problem replicating the problem.

By the way, are you able to replicate the problem dry firing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.  Yes, it does occur when dry firing.This has happened three different times even after I cleaned the pistol.  I hope this problem is specific to this particular gun,as I love the QA action.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I, of course, don't know your cleaning method(s), but this is what I'd do:

I'd take the frame and spray it liberally with Simple Green and scrub the trigger group thoroughly with an old toothbrush. I would then fill a shallow container with very warm water and swish the frame around awhile. I'd then flush the frame internals with lots of very warm tap water. Shake the remaining water out and dry thoroughly. For good measure, I'd flush the slide striker channel with brake cleaner or Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber.

If the malfunction was still present, I'd send it to S&W for repairs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I received my pistol back from Walther, they said it was a bad mag. I have 5 P99's and 15 different mags.  All mags caused the failure to recock the stricker. I have various orange, black, and blue followers.  All failed.
Yesterday, using their new blue follower mag, the third , fifth,and eighth round failed to recock the stricker.
Well, its back to Walther with another letter!!
The QA has failed me again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts