Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P99 that i bought about 8 months ago that shot wonderfully...up until last week. I was home from school on a break and decided to shoot some. I got one full magazine through it, and half of another...then something broke. When the trigger is pulled the striker comes back...but never releases. The gun can even be put in s/a like normal, but the same thing happens when the trigger is pulled. When it should be releasing the striker it does not, however when you release the trigger the hammer returns to being uncocked and d/a, almost as if the trigger is decocking it. I don't know what's wrong with it, and neither does anybody at the local gun shop. any ideas/ experiences with this before?

thanks

Michael

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hmm, don't know what's wrong.  However, if you purchased new, why not give WaltherAmerica (Smith and Wesson) a call.  If new, you are still under the 1 year warranty, and they'll gladly fix it (I would hope).

Walther (aka Smith and Wesson)
800-372-6454

-stunks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Send it back regardless of the warrantee. It’s got to be fixed!
Please tell us what you find out, I’m sure we all will find it very interesting!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I did not buy it new, therefore i'm almost scared of the cost of fixing it. It was made in 01 (AB), and it's a regular p99. It's 40 caliber and is 100 percent german made.

·
Registered
471 Posts
One out of three there Navy87Guy... Not too bad.

Give them a call mikesull415, they might suprise you...

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hal8000 @ Mar. 28 2005,1:31)]One out of three there Navy87Guy... Not too bad.
.333 -- Hey, in baseball that would get me on the All Star Team!

Actually, I'm glad to hear there isn't a firm trend....it seems like I hear about too many QA problems!

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (JDog @ Mar. 28 2005,9:59)]Ruger fixes everything! reguardless of anything. if it is a ruger, they fix it, FREE!
Yeah...pretty remarkable when you consider that they don't offer any kind of warranty at all!! Try that with Ford or Chevy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
send it back. they will fix it and you will get it back within 10 days and with no charge. smith and walther has an excellent service even if you are not the original owner. i had my old p99 back in 10 days with no cahrge, and i was not the first owner. i wish all gun makers service departments was as good as thiers. from what i hear, rugers service is good but i wouldn't know, never owned one and don't plan on it. anyway send it back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikesull415 @ Mar. 28 2005,5:15)]Just talked to Walther America, all they would say was "we'll send you a shipping label, send it to us"
Pretty good start for a gun purchased used. I've had to send back 2 Sigs and 1 Ruger - and now a Walther P99 9mm that was just given to FedEx today. Some of you may have read my post about whether it had a soft slide or was wearing normally. One of the Sigs was a used Trailside with a malfunctioning safety - that one I don't think they reimbursed my shipping. The Ruger was a GP100 with chatter marks in the cylinder, can't believe I didn't see that when I was buying it, the other Sig's barrel hadn't been fitted quite right from the factory. If memory serves, Ruger replaced the cylinder and reimbursed shipping, Sig refitted the barrel and reimbursed shipping. It's been 6 years since the Sig, and probably 12 since the Ruger, so my memory may not be correct.

Smith and Wesson sent me a prepaid label for the Walther P99.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dad has a S&W 629 that the rear adjustable sight broke on.

He sent the sight in to them with a check.

They sent back a new sight, and his uncashed check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys...It's been a while...but i figured ya'll would want an update. Walther sent me a prepaid shipping slip. I sent it in two weeks ago. It came back today. THEY DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR A SINGLE THING. (i bought the gun used). turns out the seer broke. But it's better now

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is a nice suprize! Very dissimular to any experience i have had with Walther's service. (I believe SW takes care of walther CS in US) Sent my P22 back twice, neither time did they fix it or pay for shipping. So i had to fix it myself and eat the shipping charges. But i am glad you had a different experience.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
JDog,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I have nothing but high praise for Walther America. I have had two P22's sent in for service, I have had front door service from FedX with prepaid postage and NC on services rendered. I also purchased a used P99 that only came with a holster. I called WA and they sent me a complete set of sights, grip inserts and sight wrench free of charge. I have found that not only are the Walthers superb pistols but the customer service is top notch….if only they would us UPS. (My wife works for them.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts