Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a little bit better gun for concealed carry.  I have been using a Taurus 85 hammerless but have set my mind on a P99 .40.   Looking to get one but would like to get the high cap also.  The best price I have found is on Doc Walthers  If anyone knows of anyone selling cheaper let me know and I also want a da but I think I need to be talked into a qa model.  Help me out guys what do you all think of the qa version???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I haven't seen anyone with lower prices than Doc Walther, though the fact that his site lists his P99s as being Carl Walther and Walther-USA models makes me wonder if these are older runs and not the more recent Walther America (S&W) imports. I don't know what difference this would make in anything, honestly, but perhaps it is worth noting.

Or perhaps the website hasn't changed its headings.

In either case, I'd love to buy one from the Doc, but he doesn't seem to accept credit cards and I think my partner might notice if that much cash disappeared from our checking account.

·
Registered
78 Posts
don't forget to factory in shipping +$25 and then FFL fee's +$15-$25 so the cost will actually be about $510+. i found mine locally for $479. try Gunbroker there's one in there for $450

·
Registered
7 Posts
The lowest prices near me are around $530. Add sales tax to that and fuggidaboutit.

I'd rather buy from an established business (even if it is in Texas...) than Johnny Gotagunforsale on gunbroker.net.

D

·
0 Posts
Make sure the .40 cal mags have the blue followers not the orange followers. You may end up spending more money to return the mags to S&W for exchange.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did a lot of searching earlier this year and bought mine from Doc's. He had the best prices I could find, especially since I live in Dallas. I just went and picked it up so I didn't have to deal with shipping and FFL fees. Just sales tax. My total out the door was $508.

As far as the age/nationality of the guns, mine is an all German 2002 manufacture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got me one. It is a p99 9mm QA with everything and he "said only 50 rounds through it. For 375 shipped to the FFL! YAHHOO

I really wanted a .40 though.

kernal

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah the guy I bought mine from claimed "only 30 rounds". Sure looks like more than 30 to me, the barrel has the typical wear on the top and on the ejection area. This is my first .40 though, do these areas wear much quicker on the .40 than the 9mm? I've got about 2000 rounds through my 9mm and it has about the same amount of wear. Maybe after a few rounds these areas show wear no matter what. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I almost bought that QA (the one at gunsamerica.com, right?) but I decided I wanted a DA/SA model instead. Still, it's a good deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts