Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
You did good on this purchase too.

Just saw a thoroughly worn (inside and outside) P5 go for $645 on GB (+ tax for local p/u, or shipping and FFL fees for out of state purchaser).

Over $700 for a dogged P5.
I dropped out on that one at $475. It was hideous, but would make a fine range/shooter. But you are right DUA, $700+?!?!?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
That is exactly the same one. Curious...

Too bad for him there are a couple way better examples for reasonable money (at least so far...).

I think the buyer came down from his drugs, and realized he overpaid by around $250.

·
Registered
57 Posts
These guys have several used police trade ins that they're auctioning at .01 starting no reserve. I think I just got in on the first auction.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Cut it in half and there will be a buyer or two. This auction started months ago at $10,000

·
Registered
57 Posts
These guys have several used police trade ins that they're auctioning at .01 starting no reserve. I think I just got in on the first auction.

If that's the case, they used the same pics from the prior auction.
I haven't looked at all of the pictures but I can tell you mine was the first one they auctioned I believe and it was different from the second one. I was checking serial numbers on theirs trying to get a consecutive one to match mine. Their seem to be fairly close together in serial #'s
I'm not sure on P5's whether or not police trade in P5's are collectible after they've been tastefully relished. I know with P7's, they can almost bring original finish prices, at least when compared to other police models.

On those P5c's, I think he may 6,000 in the perfect auction, be he's not gonna get it starting that high. If it were me, I'd put a 3,500 starting "no reserve" on it. Penny auctions alway fetch the most because they get a lot of attention in the beginning.

Today seems like a good day to take the P5 out for the first time... heck, it's time to pull the MP5k out too.

·
Premium Member
13,561 Posts
He needs to start those P5C's at $3,500 with NO RESERVE..... That'll get the ball rollin'. I'd even bid $3,505....but that'd be my one and only bid.

Here's a statement made by the seller of those police trade-in P5's with ALL the holster ware.

You will receive exactly the items described or shown in the text and pictures of our auctions!

Leads me to believe, the gun used in the pictures in a particular ad are of the actual pistol being sold .... not a sampling.

I'm looking for a shooter, but I can't bring myself to have ANY interest in pistols with extremely high amounts of holster ware....even though the bore may be 'like new'. :D

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
He needs to start those P5C's at $3,500 with NO RESERVE..... That'll get the ball rollin'. I'd even bid $3,505....but that'd be my one and only bid.........

True, he would get a ton of eyes on his auction, and many would jump in to bid.

My PERSONAL "value" of the pair (what I would pay)?

1) NIB P5C (one), $1700.

2) Limited production L102A1, add $500 (per).

3) Consecutive serial #s, add $300 (per).

Would put my "all in" at 5k for the pair (including ALL fees/costs related to transaction)

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Good luck with finding a NIB P5c at $1700 ;)

Hahaha, I know. That's why I stressed "PERSONAL" value.

P5Cs do not hold a high value for me PERSONALLY (as stated in a prior post).

The shorter trigger reach of the "C" is NOT a plus for people with large hands. Add to that the "unbalanced" appearance of the shorter barrel/slide.

IMHO, I've yet to see a semi-auto handgun with a grip length that's longer then the slide/barrel length that could be considered attractive.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Fair enough - I used to not care for the looks and then I saw and held one and changed opinions 180 degrees

41 - 60 of 181 Posts