Walther Forums banner
201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Now that these are over 30 years old, they're classic Walthers. 🤔
Add to that the rarity of complete P5 Langs (75 examples produced by Walther with frame/slide/barrel per D Marschall), and Earls Repair pricing a spare barrel at $6k (POR was requested in 2018), IMHO any P5 Lang bidder not willing to pay nearly five figures is not a serious bidder.
Would not surprise me at all if there is fewer then a dozen in the US market.

Finished at $8.2k once tax and shipping is added on.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
At least the P5's are worth it. My experience with the P7 is limited to just the one example that I own but I'm not impressed with it. The P7 might be the most overrated pistol of all time.
I agree.
My pair of P7M13s were purchased in 2018, and were purchased on the low end of the price range too.

It may be time to put my NIB M13 up on GB.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The HK P7 is worth collecting because of its different locking system, which was used for the first time on this weapon, and because of its grip cocking system.
As a utility weapon, it has proven to be a weapon with more accidents than other pistols because of the grip cocking system and is therefore to be rejected for purposes as a utility weapon.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Agree.
The HK P7 design is very unforgiving. The light SA trigger is unforgiving for those who put a finger inside the trigger guard before the firearm is on target.
Very similar to a PPQ.
That light SA trigger allows for more accurate first shot placement (vs DA/SA presented in DA mode) when handled correctly per its manual of arms). Groups are tighter due to the trigger repeatability though.
The bad aspects are balanced by some benefits of this unique design.
My shooter M13 is a very accurate range toy. Puts 13 rds in a sub-3" @10yds, offhand/unsupported in under 20 secs.
It's a widely regarded favorite at the range.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
The HK P7 is worth collecting because of its different locking system, which was used for the first time on this weapon, and because of its grip cocking system.
You're exactly right on. The P7 is a very well made novelty whose reputation has far exceeded its ability. I'm glad I was finally able to purchase one so I could learn its strengths and weaknesses first hand. Sometimes the hype is real and sometimes it isn't.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts